What Should I Do Now ??please Help !!!

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by svaac, Sep 23, 2016.

1. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

We live in an apartment , 2 days back when coming home from office, my hubby found a chain dollar with a goddess embedded near our flat enterance( I tried taking photo of it but the goddess image doesnt seem to get captured proper in that. Anyways have attached that), I am not able to make out whether it is tiger or lion but she is sitting on an animal , so I assume it is Maa durga. But I also fear if it s Maa Kali. How do I know which goddess she is?

My hubby's kula deva is a form of Maa durga. He has felt like taking the dollar to home and hence he took it and came. Two days before this incident I got a dream in which a lady who looked so divine said me that she is coming to stay with me.

Now my confusion is should I have the dollar with me.The dollar is gold color so not sure if it is a gold one. But until now none in my apartment seem to search for it. If I keep the dollar with me should I wear it or keep in pooja room. If in pooja room is any extra pooja to be done for it. I normally light deepam at home after bath and chant few slokas that I know. I offer dry fruits at home commonly for all gods . Is this enough or should I do anything extra ?

[​IMG]

2. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Not sure it is good or bad .. Check with some astrologers or elders in the family. Meanwhile you can keep in Pooja room. Do regular pooja as you do for other idols.

svaac likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@svaac,
    why dont you just put up a notice on your flat area, informing having found a dollar, and if it
    belongs to someone, you can handover with proper identification. If no one comes forward, there is no
    harm in keeping the same in your puja room alongwith your other god's photos etc. Since it is a small dollar
    and not a big vigraha or so, your lighting the puja lamp in regular manner would be sufficient. (It is normally said that
    special pujas/manthras are required if any gods image in the form of a statue is bigger than the size of our fist).

jskls and svaac like this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Do you realize that this pendant could be very important to the owner ? And that this person could possibly be very upset and is searching for it right now ? How would you feel if you lose something important to you, & while you're losing your mind searching for it, the finder mistakenly assumes that it's god-sent for them and goes about keeping it / wearing it. Give it a thought.

So you got a dream that the goddess would visit you. Well, she did. And you should play the good hostess to your guest & allow her to leave to her rightful place. Do the right thing and post a note in your complex about having found the pendant. Inform the security guard to check with residents and also ask him to direct anyone searching for it to see you. The actual value of the item is immaterial. What matters is it's significance to the real owner.

Please consider that the goddess has selected you to play a divine role in reuniting the owner and the chain - thus reaffirming the owner's faith in the almighty. Do your best to allow the owner know that you found it. Until then you may clean it, keep it safe and even place it in the puja room. In case nobody claims it for a year, then you may either keep it in the puja room or deposit it in a temple.

For god's sake please don't wear it. You may invite embarrassment if the owner spots you with it & asks you about it. Also do consider this important spiritual concept - it is said that every object in the material world has the energy/vibration of the person to whom it rightfully belongs to. You will be harming yourself by inviting somebody else's energy into your space because you got it not by rightful transfer of ownership via a purchase. Even exchange of money is an exchange of energy which validates ownership.

This may be god's way of testing your ability to do the right thing. And I hope you will !

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    jskls, MNR, svaac and 3 others like this.
  6. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Thanks @MNR for your suggestion.I have asked my mom to ask our family guru on the same.

@joylokhi , @madras2018 , I have already informed our security guard on this and told him to direct any people who comes in search of it to me. I have also informed our society secretary on this as I doubt whether the pendant is a gold one. I have followed it up today morning with the security .But nobody seem to have come searching it.My apartment is not so big, it has only 20 flats, so if people have searched it, security would have come to know about it. Anyways I am waiting to see if someone claims it, which I highly doubt.As of now kept it in my pooja room and showing dhoop to it as I do to other deities.

My concern here is also on the energy only. I have too heard of materials picking up the vibrations of the person when worn for a long time. But somehow confusing this with the dream too. I am middle of lot of issues in life, so may be my mind wants to believe that this pendant would solve my issues. :( I know I am not thinking logically but all stuffs happening around me is driving me crazy :(

7. Sparkle19

Sparkle19 Silver IL'ite

Its Durga maa image..
    My suggestion is wait for some days and see, if no comes go to temple and put it in undi in temple..
    Because the pendent seems to be little old so the person who wore it, his negative vibration should not affect us..
    Or go to temple and show it to pandit and ask him some advise what to do with that pendent..

svaac and madras2018 like this.
  8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Faith is in the heart, not in the object. Until the time you viewed it as a divine omen it was nothing but an ornamental pendant. As a policy never keep anything in your home that isnt rightfully yours. If you dont find any claimants deposit the pendant at a durga temple, which is technically the goddess's home, during dussehra.

joylokhi, svaac and yellowmango like this.
  9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

The Goddess in the dollar is Maa Durga....

svaac likes this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...if possible,try to return it back to the owner.Who knows how valuable it was for the owners belief.
    If that is not possible...tie it up on a tree in a visible place.If it stays there for a considerable period of time ,and you want to give it a place at home,then get it home.

MNR, svaac and madras2018 like this.