1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Next After A Legal Notice?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BerryPine, May 13, 2018.

1. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

He has totally damaged my character and assassinated my motherhood and thus he dont want me and kids was his side of case. Its not like a mutual divorce petition.

2. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Somehow
    I was employed, my inlaws and husband planned well and made me quit my job and send this legal papers. We belong to different caste,and my fil is very much into this separation so that they could get my husband re-marry to someone from theirs.
    Also FIL adds that kids and my husband shares the same star,it is not good for both to spend the rest of the life together. blal blah blah...

After all this ....I feel more brave and confident than i was weeks ago. Let's see.

3. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

If I get child support,is there any legal norms where he has to visit kids weekly/monthly ?

4. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Oh okay. Got it . He has filed for contested divorce on the basis of Infidelity or cheating done by you , hasn't he? The only thing you can do - first secure the kids' custody . He can anytime try his kids snatching tactics again . Next - deny all charges in court . Say that guy was a friend who might have been interested in you but you never reciprocated . Deny all charges firmly but don't put any charges on your husband at the same time . This will keep on dragging like this for a long time to come. Brace yourself for that. Contested divorces run pretty long . Your husband's legal counsel will try to prove you guilty and you have to just deny. Soon your husband will realize he can't get a divorce like this . Because he is looking forward to get remarried too. And he will agree for mutual consent . Right now , file for interim child custody and interim maintenance ( yes, you are eligible for child support and maintenance too) . All the best. This is going to take a long time but stay strong.

DDream and BerryPine like this.
  5. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Thank you Deborah for inquiring. This means a lot to me.

6. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Not necessarily . In India , child custody is filed separately from divorce . So I strongly advise you to file for child custody and child support . You both can decide the terms of custody , visitation etc . Read up on this . Don't just rely on legal counsel. For deciding child support and maintenance , husband's pay is the deciding factor . Obviously he will try to prove that he doesn't earn too well. It will be helpful if you have any documentation of his salary like monthly bank deposit .

7. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Yes I can prove he earns 6 digits per month and whatever asset he claims as his is bought only after our wedding that too with my parents financial support.

DDream likes this.
  8. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Exactly... I will do what is required for child custody. Many thanks.

DDream likes this.
  9. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

Good to hear. You seem to be out of that initial shock . Since you have not done anything wrong, you will surely have the courage to move one, and infact lead a much better life, that one with abuse and cruelty.

Take care and pray well .

10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Great OP. Look like you gained your confidence back and is on right track.

How can a good father get rid of his own kids so easily. Don't allow him to get out so fast. I think you have to get at least half of all assets plus child support. Ask him to transfer his properties to kids names. Demand it. He has to support your kids expenses plus education till they settle in their life . Deny all the charges.He has to prove the allegations. (the character assassinations are just to make case strong, You might have seen court scenes in old movies). I think that will drag the case for ever and he will be forced for mutual divorce once. Just take a stand that he want to get rid of you &kids and that is why he is doing this -by false allegations.

Dont cry or give up in front of him. Be very confident in front of him and others

Ball is in your court . Play it well. Make sure you do all legal formalities for child custody as he may play with that also. Hope your lawyer will help you well with all legal formalities. Read about similar cases and gain knowledge . That may also help you.

More strength to you. Take care.

Last edited: May 25, 2018