1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Saw Amar Akbar Anthony Telugu Movie Thought of Raviteja and Srinuvaitla Combo there last two films have good comedy, But this movie is not par to those movies. You can avoid it, waste of watching in theatres.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Watched Kolamavu Kokila last weekend.

As much as I like Nayan as an actress, watching her donning the same monotonous expression for 2 1/2 hours straight is really a chore, and one that I hate to do. And when do directors learn that making one wear simple clothes does not in any way make the person appear to be a middle class girl? Nayan has perfect foundation on her face, with perfectly shaped eyebrows and perfectly modern plaited hair and yet we are supposed to believe that she's middle class because she wears a pavadai and blouse. Just change the dress to an elegant chudidar and she could even be sitting in TV studios and giving highly publicized interviews for Diwali :sconf:

KoKo has its good moments but seriously, a movie like this would probably have worked better if it was released years ago. Having seen the best of dark comedy in movies like Soodhu Kavvum, Jigarthanda, Moodar Koodham etc, watching the same style being copied here is really taxing.

I'm not saying that KoKo is bad but it's highly predictable. You can almost guess what the next scene is going to be as way too many clues have been given in the prior scenes. So that takes away all the comedy away (if there's any in the first place).

There are some moments that made me laugh but they are way too little and all of it was only due to Saranya. Which again is quite sad considering the fact that they had R.S.Shivaji, Saravanan, Yogi Babu (in yet another painfully irritating role) and even Kalakka povathu Yaaru fame Nisha and Jacqueline acting in the film, and yet none actually made an impact.

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

NOTA

I had my doubts about the film when I knew that Anand Shankar is directing it. "Why, because he's a new director?" you may ask. No, because he directed the ambitious yet outrageously meaningless Irumugan...and I had the misfortune of watching it! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So why did I still look forward to watching NOTA? Only because of Vijay Deverakonda:D but even he couldn't save the film, sadly.

VD looked so out of place in the film, it was clearly not his stage and his awkwardness can be seen throughout the film. He shines in a number of scenes but the bad writing never allowed him to excel in any scenes. And I don't want to talk about Satyaraj's and Naseer's roles. Why do you need good actors if you are going to do bad roles for them???

The lead ladies (the reporter and the opposition member) were both redundant in the film who come in a blink and miss roles. What are their names again, I never bothered finding out.

What Anand Shankar (and in fact all directors who wish to make political films) should do is a thorough research on the political grounds, the political aspects, how policies are made, and more importantly how CMs are appointed. When you just take the trending political issues and the memes surrounding it on Twitter and make it into a film, well, then yes, that's when you get a sorry excuse like NOTA.

anika987, Ranchu and ILoveTulips like this.
  4. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

Haha though I haven't watched this movie, I loved your description of Nayan's acting. I've always felt that she was a bit over-rated in terms of her acting prowess.. only seems to have the same expression regardless of the situation. But hey, somehow she's doing superbly in her career right now. And another thing I've felt is she doesn't take too many risks with her looks (ie. always perfectly made up head to toe, looking flawless)

ILoveTulips and Sofea like this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I actually liked her a lot in Naanum Rowdy daan. I thought the expression, dressing, dialogue delivery were impeccable there. But here, everything seemed not-so-right. And it's even worse when they dubbed the monotonous expression as "innocent face"- that's when you know you are doomed.

ILoveTulips and eternalnomad like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

watched kaatrin mozhi, and was surprised jo having played it decently. a slight variations to include some of the radha mohan, actors list, but definitely watchable.

a remake of Tumhari sulu.. if you were to compare both, i felt the husband wife chemistry in the original d, the camaraderie the fun and hotness quotient was too good to be emulated..sadly though tried but found wanting...

Sofea likes this.
  7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Yes you are absolutely right about nayan's look and acting. But according to me its a badly made film. With a breaking bad premise and nayanthara, they couldve done anything but this!

ILoveTulips and Sofea like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

"Awe" is a amalgam of a couple of english movie themes..but still a differently treated movie. if you are a patient movie watcher, than this one is a good one..a psycological thriller..

the director tried something, that he could have made it awesome, but lost in the reels somewhere..

9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Snehaveedu (2011) malayalam movie . It is a treat to watch the green Kerela and very simple village life. Nice Laletta movie.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Watched Hindi movie Mitron. It's there on einthusan and amazon prime both.

Nice light love story, boy and girl during the bride/groom hunting stage. New notions (girl wants to go and study in Australia, boy is jobless, not much motivation), clashes with old notions parents have.

Later came to know it is a remake of the Telugu superhit Pelli Choopulu.