1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I hadn't seen Keerthi's Tamil movies but she acted in 2 Telugu movies. Both movies were hit and she appeared in both movies as decent look. I think that's why they chosen her playing "Mahanati Savithri" role. Nayantara not fit for that role and no idea on How Anushka looks as Savithri garu.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ILT , Seriously ? you think Nayantara is better than Keerthi ? That speedbump hair style and Savitri.. I cannot imagine.
    Anushka yes would have been a good choice (physically too, since she's bubbly).

I heard , they selected Keerthi , but then suddenly keerthi lost weight and caused trouble for directors . Now they have paid her more to put on weight to resemble savithri

ILoveTulips and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Velaikaaran-- oh what a drag.
    SK was so whiny and crying and begging .. Eeeks.
    For some reason, it reminded me of the hero from "En aaloda seruppa kaanum" movie. Both were crying like "aatha veiyum , sandhai ku ponum, kaasu kudu" .

Annoying !

ILoveTulips likes this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Nayan`s hair style is very annoying in Aram also, not suitable to the character also.

ILoveTulips likes this.
  5. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Sweet home Alabama.. For many it was not a great movie. I loved it but.

kaniths likes this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Totally agree with you ILT. I felt the movie was way too unrealistic. Hero solving the entire MNC-manipulating-food-ingredients issues so easily was just way too unbelievable. Plus, the movie kept shifting its focus every now and then...first it was about eradicating poverty at the slums, and preventing its residents from becoming hit-men to Prakashraj, then it was about getting ration cards for the residents and before that can be solved, suddenly you have the entire MNC manipulation thingy. In between, there was also the story about Nayan being manipulated by TV channel and how she suffered for the unwanted backlash. With all these issues, the film ended up being half-baked with no sense of directions.

Nayan seems wasted. Like you, I too was thinking and hoping that at some point of time, there would be a twist in her character and we can finally see why she took this film up but I was just left disappointed at the end. Sneha's character- the only time I felt sad was the scene in which her son was shown undergoing the treatment and she was silently suffering seeing him. That scene haunted me for sometime. But apart from that, nothing in the film touched me or made me feel connected to its characters.

Fahaad Fasil, I've liked him in all the malayalam films that I watched prior to this but seriously, there's no surprise in his character in this film. He looked disinterested, just like all other actors in the film.

Sivakarthikeyan should really start working hard on his choice of films. I watched an interview of his with Bharadwaj Rangan prior to the release of this film where he claims that he doesn't want to experiment doing villain roles as his fans like him doing what he's currently performing. For a person who had come up high from TV channel, it's disappointing to see him end up playing it safe and worse still, remaining as an uninspiring actor. If he continues acting in such films, he's certain to get the boot out from the industry sooner than later for sure.

ILoveTulips likes this.
  7. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I liked this movie.. Have seen it couple of times on cable.

I also like Bridget Jones dairy

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Haha speedbump hair style :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: But I'm with ILT on this. I do think Nayanthara is waaaaaaaaaay better than Keerthi Suresh :grin::grin::grin: Seriously, KS annoys me to the brim and I am always left puzzled on how she manages to bag all the roles. Anyway, I have seen worse actresses being on the top for way too long so KS is still bearable I guess.

ILoveTulips likes this.
  9. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

I seriously have no idea how Keerthi manages to bag so many high profile projects, she's strictly avg as an actress. True, she looks good but her acting is way below so many others. I guess family connections help A LOT! I agree with you about Fahadh Fazil's acting in Velaikkaran, I was reading all these rave reviews about him in various places and couldn't help but feel that, compared to his work in Malayalam, this was rather boring and uninspiring. Wish he'd chosen a better role to make his Tamil debut :disappointed:

Sofea and ILoveTulips like this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Kalavadiya pozhudugal by Thangar bhachan. Azhagi movie made on the other way. Ex lover(girl) suffers in azhagi, in the latest ex lover (boy) suffers.
    Music by Bharadwaj is classic and soothing with nice tamil lyrics.