1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What motivates you to loose weight?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krozwindz, Jul 12, 2010.

1. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Today I finally found my dream.. ever since I started this journey of weight loss I have been trying to find a dream on which I can focus rather than it being a vague achievement for me. I wanted it to mean something to me more than just the asthetic benefit of looking good and wearing clothes that fit. Don’t get me wrong, these benefit and the health benefits are more than enough motivation but I wanted something frivolous and light which will make me want it more. The romantic hidden in me has always wanted something more from this , something on lighter tones..
    Well, I will turn 30 next year, and I now want to celebrate it like I never would have thought possible before. I want to take out my old knee length black boots which have been covered by dust by now, wear my short skirt and a white Victorian collar top, dress up and go out with my husband and baby and look and feel like I felt when I was 25 with not a worry in this world and all the right curves. Notice that I am going to wear nothing new. And that’s the gift I want from God . I want to fit into my old clothes and fit in it better than I had fit in before.
    I hope my dream comes true. I have like 10 months in which I hope to achieve this. And I hope I never loose sight of this dream till then.
    What motivates all of you to loose your weight? Find your dream and let it lead you to your way to a healthy future

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

3. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Motivation is something that comes within onself- determination. once we decide what exactly one has to do then all things will fall rightly at the correct place. To loose weight once has to avoid oily foods and also need to control in eating too many savories and also samosa. Once we try to control eating at odd times and also never skip morning breakfast. Drinking juices as a substitutes for lunch is of no help. Try eating healthy food and at the right time and i think all your weight problem will be solved. nitya

4. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hey aditi,

Good question...What actually motivated me too loose weight...

I give full marks to my visit to dalhousie that happened before 3 months...with my husband and two friends...Both of my frds are very stylish...One of them is having perfect figure and other one is quite ok...

So when i was with them..during the trip...one day i was wearing my old days jeans...they commented on my jeans..it is nt looking gud...u should buy new stylish one ...(they r very close frds...so didnt take it negatively)...but they didnt know my problem whenever i visited any shop in mall...i didnt find a jeans that will fit me well..because of my weight obviously...

so whenever i went for shopping ...always thought...it does nt matter watever i wear...i m going to look fat and ugly..so y to waste money...

After the trip when i was seeing snaps...i felt really bad for my husband...he is really handsome and quite fit...y in the earth he should nt have perfect wife....so it was the comment and thought that helped me to start my journey...

And my destination was to fit in the jeans that i used to wear before my marraige...last monday i tried that jeans..and could close the buttons...so target almost achieved,..

But my new target is to wear - off shoulder tshirt and shorts ..I am imagining my self havin very very s**y legs...that is wat is keeping me going...My thighs are worst affected by fat...its actually out of shape...soit is going to take very long time but i know by next summer i m going to have wat i m dreaming...:thumbsup

Thanks,

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Fitting into clothes easily used to be my dream before.

I used to tell my husband that I will not go shoping because I feel guilty when I am not able to fit into dresses.

He used to joke saying your guilt stays only till the shop door. Once you step out, it goes away ;-)
    It was true a little bit.

However now my thinking has changed. Because of my overweight, I am having back pains. I am not active. i feel tired all the time.

I am not able to play with my son, who is now 2 years and wants me to play catch catch with him. I feel awful as after running 10 steps I am panting for my breath.

So my goal is to get fit and active.

6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

My goal is to become the perfect wife of my boyfriend(Our marriage is in Aug).The young and glowing perfect 21 Yr old girl.Now I am in 23 but still I want to go back to 21.Wanna wear the stylish kurthies on shop.Tight fitting chudis without any bulges,Also to obtain the perfect measurement of hip 28-29 :).

When we will have children I will be their friend than their Mom by physique also :crazy...