1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of games can I play with my 9 months old baby?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cutiepie66, Apr 6, 2015.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

She has started understanding few things. What kind of games can I play with her? She has completed 270 days.

2. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Hey Hi dear,

I taught my son.. how to clap... shake hand... jai(namaste).. fan

He at times recognizes TV remote...

i have started teaching him body parts... head, nosy..

1 person likes this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

(1)
    I used to sing a lot of rhymes with action songs in different languages - Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and English
    They love stamping and saying boo and clapping and swaying and bending and turn to left and turn to right!

(2)
    You can start with
    brush brush brush your teeth morning and night - learns good habits
    put your left foot in, put your left foot out, do a boogie woogie and turn yourself around - learns about left and right
    chubby cheeks dimple chin - learns body parts
    here we go around the mulberry bush - cleanliness

etc etc... you'll find many online, just sing - this is the way we wash our face - when you are washing them

when you are massaging before bath, you can move their hands and feet and sing - put your right hand in put your right hand out

(3)
    After his bath you can take him to pooja room and point and introduce to all the Gods there!

(4)
    While eating - sing a song about the food - make something up - my son used to listen to "Eeroju mammam lo emi undi - eeroju pappu lo tomato undi - baagundi baagundi tomato baagundi"

"what is in lunch today - todays lunch has tomato with dal - is the tomato tasty " - and he used to respond with a "baagummmmmmm" (baagundi) - very tasty
    (Hint: they just make whatever face and sound you make :))

Everyday the food name used to change according to what was in the lunch that day and then I would show him the vegetable that was added, the picture in his book and its name in different languages!

I feel that he eats all kinds of vegetables and foods and not a fussy eater because he enjoyed eating early on !

(5)
    I used to tell him stories - with lots of action - at the right times he would repeat the action - just keep repeating the stories many times !

So if I asked him with a palms closed about what happened when Gajendra the Elephant went into the water - he would put his hand inside my palms - to show that the crocodile caught him
    How did Gajendra call Krishna - He would put up his hands, join his palms and do "Govinda"
    Then I would ask - and what did Krishna do? And he would put up his tiny index finger and do a "whoosh" - to show that Krishna sent the Sudarshana Chakra and killed the Crocodile !

So many stories are possible - Rama-sita swayamvara, They love Krishna finishing off the butter!
    Krishna dancing on top of Kaliya is their favourite - they show the snake form with a "hssss" and stamp stamp dance dance on top of Kaliya ! - If they cant stand yet, they sit down and stamp!!!

My SIL was so impressed - you baby is just 9 months and can say the Bhagavatam ;-)

(6)
    When DS was 6 months I bought some board books for him to read - both my DH and my father laughed and laughed and laughed at me !!

I would show him vegetables and fruits that he ate that day, I would show him the animals and vehicles that he saw that day !

Once when he was 9 months old, my DH was reading a newspaper in the balcony and I was sitting with DS, I noticed a picture in the paper and said - "look DS - it is a star fish!"
    Immediately DS got down from me and crawled inside the house and got his "Animals ABC" book and showed me S for Starfish !!!

DH saw that and was bowled over and still hasn't stopped buying books for my son (He is 10 now)

(7)
    Peekaboo games are great !
    Hide and Seek games -
    (I never used the diaper, it was always cloths for him)
    When I had to clean his play area or get his food ( would already be cooked and kept in boxes - I used to finish everything when he was asleep or before DH left for office) or if I had to go to the toilet, I would act as if I was playing peekaboo and then come and tickle him or make some sounds so that he wouldn't miss me !!!

(8) Stories with puppets !
    (9) They can play on their own with pull around toys (with wheels and string), nesting eggs, stacking buckets - they love stacking and destroying the stack!

5 people like this.
  4. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@hrastro: wow. That's such a big list and I am not finding time even to do 1/10th of what you have mentioned.

5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@mcutiepie: how are you doing?

6. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Provide building Blocks big size!
    Color Round Stacks!
    Colorful Box Stacks!
    These are all only to develop their Color concentration!
    Name each and every piece with color!

If you use walkers ask your baby to catch you!
    To improve walk!

Just show your baby which is nose, which is tounge, which is hands, which is stomach, which is teeth etc etc!

In mother tongue. If your baby suffers in pain he will tell you which part he hurts!

1 person likes this.