What is your pet's name and story behind it?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Hachiko, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi Sumipani,

I can understand how,much you miss your candy.Im in Japan now,and I have to leave my Henry back in Malaysia.It's not easy,I know.By the way,Candy,is a sweet name for a dog.Hope is doing well back in home.

2. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi cissyboo,

I love the movie Lion King just for the sake of Simba.What an adorable lion.How's your Simba,the cat..Cute like the lion?
    So,you adopted,Gary?What a noble act dear.Gary must be a lucky to have you as,the owner.

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Hachiko,
    Such a delightful topic you have initiated...and such lovely stories pals have posted .Enjoyed reading all about the names and their stories...now here I am with my stories!
    We have been a canine loving family thru generations.During my childhood days ( that's very ancient history, being a granny now!) I remember the 4 German sheherds we had.My Dad who was a medical doctor by professiondid all the 'looking after', my mom was not too keen and my brother and I just played with them.Well, the first couple were called James & Jessica,Jimmy & Jessie for short .They had several litters of pups who all found good homes.They both took part in Dog Shows too and won some trophies! Both passed on after 10/11years Then we got another pair two males this time as my Dad could not handle the dog breeding and his patients and the rest of us he felt could not do it as well as he did.We had to concentrate on School/College ofcourse. So we got twq German Shepherds called BRUNO & OTTO....my brother's choice of names ....all this way back in 1964 mind you! All our pets gave us immense pleasure and were part of the family and slept on our beds or under our beds as they chose much to my mother's discomfiture !!
    In later years when I moved with my husband to Egypt we got our first pet again a German Shepherd and called him Omar Sharrif after the Eghyptian actor who was reigining supreme with his movie "Funny Girl"along with Barbara Streishand.Omar stayed on for three years till we moved and he joined our Egyptian friends.We missed him and our Siamese cat called Caramel or Clara for short.Omar and Clara were adopted by the same family so that was good .In defiance of the Law of nature this was a case of a loving Canine and a loving Feline so we could not separate them could we?
    Next we got a lovey dovey pair of PomxSpitz pups whom our daughters christened Romeo & Juliet.

The second batch of pictures show our first Romeo & Juliet as pups in 1999 and adults as in 2005.Romeo passed on in 2006 and Juliet in 2010.We were heartbroken each time and could only comfort ourselves by getting other doggies with their names to keep their memory alive.

When Romeo1 passed on we got a Golden Lab to keep Juliet company...here are pics of the Romeo 2 and Juliet -- 2006

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After Juliet passed on in 2010 we got a Basset hound and since he was a male we named him Julius and call him Juju for short. The last picture is a pic of our present duo Romeo & Julius. They are the VIP's at home now!

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  4. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Wow..wow..all of them look so lovely.Paulina,a big salute to you:thumbsup.I really admired your passion,interest and the trouble you took to rear.Rearing dog and cat ain't easy job.You had almost more than dozen (if include their puppies).I can imagine how much of the effort you would had put.You are amazing!!!

James,Jessica,Jimmy,Jessie,Bruno,Otto,Omar Sharrif,Caramel(Clara)Romeo,Romeo 2,Juliet, and Julius(Juju)....

I love all their name,especially Omar Sharif and Juju.Such a creative way of naming dog.:)

1 person likes this.
  5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My dog is called TINY. He was a small little pup just 32 days old, when I adopted him.

1 person likes this.
  6. devipriya

devipriya Senior IL'ite

Well... My "KESU" is an 6 year old orginal German Spitz ...

he is with our parents in trivandrum, (my brother in tamilnadu & me in kochi) So he is considered to be the youngest in the family

Well, He is so naughty yet terrific!!

Most of my staff / Friends who come down to my home, makes sure that he is locked in his room,(yeah his room)

Once I found that our new neighbour didnt know my name, but she identified the house with kesu's name

7. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi malspie,
    How's your Tiny doing now? How old is he now?My dog also was very small when I bought him,but within fews weeks he grown into big and cute puppy.

8. indianbahu

indianbahu New IL'ite

Rugger it is

1 person likes this.