What is your pet's name and story behind it?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Hachiko, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi all, Let's share our pet's name and why you named it so? There must be interesting story behind it.Let's start with mine.

Well, my dog's name is Henry Raj.:hide:My husband is France football team supporter and he likes Tierry Henry a lot.So,he suggested Henry and I want my dog to have Indian identity.So,I suggested Raj and finally we rechristened our lovely puppy as Henry Raj.:)

Can you share your stories now?:cheers

5 people like this.

2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi
    my dog name is chotu..we named him becos we got him as 15 day old pup.he was so small and tiny he used to sleep under the fridge. so we named him chotu.But t he is now a great foodie it is time to rechristen him as petu or Motu

4 people like this.
  3. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hachiko,
    is your profile name also a famous dog name in japan right? there was also a film in that name with richard gere..?

1 person likes this.
  4. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Chotu, what a cute name.I can imagine how cute would have been when he was puppy.Send my hugs and kisses to him..

5. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Yes Easy..You are absolutely right..Hachiko is a very famous dog in Japan.He was known for loyalty to his master.Here,in Japan,they have a built a statue at the Train station where he used to wait for his master.Besides that,they have named the exit at Shibuya Station as Hachiko exit.

3 people like this.
  6. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

I cried a lot watching the english version of the hachiko movie .
    another great movie on dogs..is Eight below.It is based on expedition to Antartica of 2 scientist where they abandon their 12 sled dogs siberian huskies. The rest of the story how the dogs survive in the cold for some 2 months before they are rescued by the scientist. Very very touchy movie.
    While watching the movie..i had a co. My son was also crying along with me ;-).But glad this movie has a happy ending

prabha

2 people like this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

When we got Harley around the same time HArley Davidson( famous motorbike company) had just launched their bikes in India and my son who was 12 at that time wanted one.. so got him a dog named Harley instead!!..
    I would like to share another story..
    beause of my mad craze for a pet was never satisfied by my parents when I went to visit my aunt in London(just after 10th std) I adopted a pup from a friend and gave it to my cousin as a birthday gift( much to my aunt's annoyance).. well thinking it was a male.. we had a long session through entire evening wondering what to name "him" and decided on David.. next day we went to the vet and were shocked to know that it was a female.. since at that point we couldn't debate in the clinic on names my aunt christened her after me "kelly".. it was such an honour as Kelly was the best dog and friend anybody could have..
    K

1 person likes this.
  8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prabha,

The two dog movies you've mentioned here are my all time favourites though they are tear jerkers !
    Even when I think of Hachiko, a lump rises in my throat.... so so very sad.
    Love all dog movies ...the Lassie series , Marley and Me are great ones too. Somehow most of them end very sadly.

3 people like this.
  9. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  10. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

sorry hachiko..we hijacked the topic. coming back to the topic..one of my excolleague's dog name is Chai
    as in hindi chai(tea) ,,..i always used to wonder what prompted them to name her like that.May be she is fond of chai?

1 person likes this.