What is your favorite Diwali Sweet?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Nov 5, 2007.

What is your favorite Diwali Sweet?

1. Mysorepa

12 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Badusha

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Ladoo

19 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Gulab Jamun

43 vote(s)
    42.6%
  5. Others

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 4th Nov. 2007 to 10th Nov. 2007

It is Diwali time. All of you ILites must be busy in the kitchen preparing sweets and savouries. Some of you would have preferred to buy these from sweet stalls. What for Sri Krishna Sweets, Gupta Sweets, Adyar Anandha Bhavan exist?
    Whether it is home made or stall bought, which is your favorite Diwali sweet?
    Take up this week's poll question and of course this thread is open for you to share your memories of Diwali celebrations.

@IL_Admin what is your favorite one?

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

A great question for this season! My favourites are okkarai made by my mom's hassle free recipe. No pain, lots of gain. The next is wheat halwa made by Mrs ChitVish's pressure cooker method. This is my husband's favourite, so I invest a lot of care in this. Then, I have a good cook who make fabulous milk sweets all with milk powder. I have asked her to make chamcham, kajukatli, kalakhand. Savouries- not too keen.

Happy Diwali!

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi my favourite is Mysore Pak and not Mysore Pa. That too home made with the specifications given by my mom. Planning to make it as my daughter loves it so much.

4. bhageerathi

bhageerathi New IL'ite

Hi dear ILites,

Wish you all a very happy Diwali.

My favourite sweet is Kaju burfi. My daughter also loves it. So, I make this sweet at home every diwali. This year is my daughter's "Talai deepawali" and so I am a little busy. Meet you all later.

Keep smiling

Bhageerathi

5. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Happy Diwali to all Indus Ladies. Glad to be a part of this forum. Staying far from families, relatives and friends, Indus ladies has become a family now. Thank you to Indus Ladies.

Coming back to the Diwali sweet....I am not very fond of sweets. Being a North indian, I like Ras malai, Gazar ka Halwa and Rasgulla sometime. My husband got sweet tooth. He loves to eat sweets. Any given opportunity, he will never say no to sweet. We always buy sweets from the stores only.

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Frankly speaking i really dont have patience to cook sweets at home... and amongst punjabis nobody does yaar... i have tried a few things, like moong dal halwa earlier at home... but its really tedious and time consuming task... i wud rather buy a mithai ka dabba from the market.... than sweat myself and cook at home...

i'm not even aware of the sweets in the poll except gulab jamuns and laddoo... we like Pinnis, doda burfi, kaju burfi, chhenna murki, gulab jamuns jalebis are all time favs...

~Abha

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Good question. Mysorepak and laddu . as we always make it at home. halwa too. these I always make. savory is ribbon pakoda and mixture.

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

The Traditional Bhoondhi laddoo, is the all time favorite... Gulab jamoon, yes you can add it along with that.... Great....

9. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,
    Easy question to ask..but a difficult one to answer. I can say...ALL Chitvish sweets are my favourites:drool. This time favourite is Cashew MysorePa & Chocolate Burfi.

Regards
    USHA

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

WISH U ALL THE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DIWALI

My favourite diwali sweet is mysore pak, gulab jamun and mothi choor laddu. For diwali i have made 7 cups and mysore pak. Since u get everything readymade i made only these two sweets and have bought Omapodi, pakoda, mixture and two three sweets from out.

Viji