1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What is your energy food super-women ?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sadhu72, Sep 14, 2011.

1. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends ,

what types of foods keeping you more energetic from dawn to dusk which boosts your stamina and over all performance ??

especially i wonder at the jobgoers . how do you all manage the stuff ??
    whats your stamina secret ??

red banana & badams are my energy source.

1 person likes this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Good start sadhana.

Lemon + Honey + warm water in the morning, keeping my stomach only half full with food (healthy, limited oil and lot of veggies) and Keeping my stomach happy (without neglecting its demand for long hours) and a smile in my face (which forces the one i am facing also to smile) keeps me happy & energetic every day :)

4 people like this.
  3. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread... 3-4 dates, and health mix porridge keep me energetic throughout the day!

2 people like this.
  4. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hah , became quite happy on reading your stamina secrets mira & shobna. thanks a bunch dears !

sometimes [ not regularly ] i also take lemon juice without sugar & raagi kanji with small onions .

lets see , what other ilites have to say .

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Hi Pals,

Wow! a nice thread! it would help us each other.. I was never on the heavy side (lookwise though). But off late i was getting tired out easily and have been hogging what ever comes to my hand at the moment. That had really started working and then i had put on some 5-6 Kgs and all that were extra on me... :-( All that hogging never did any benefit to my stamina either .. :-(

And i had started becoming like a young pumpkin! Before i turned out to be a full pumpkin :), i wanted to try my hand at getting back to shape and gain stamina as well.

I start my day with a bowl of fruits ( fruit salad made of cut fruits and little milk or honey over it ) garnishing it with few cashews(2-4 max) roasted in ghee.

Now you might ask as why ghee and milk and nuts ; that give you the most needed energy and the nutrients and they do no pile up as fat in your body as you ahve it in the morning when the body has starved through the night.

Its been close to 10 days and this magic is working out for me and i feel very energetic through out the day and have lost weight and hence feel easy to do any work.

Hope this helps my fellow friends who are working and struggling hard to have the energy for all that work and still maintain shape :)

All the best :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  6. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hi savi ,

first congrats on maintaining shape without loosing the shakthi.

your fruit salad is defntly a low calorie energy food only. continue this practice.

i also do lot of experiments regarding this .

i also support the intake of ghee in lil amount in the morning as it keeps our joints lubricated & calories will become burnt b4 night.

an absolute no or obsession abt anything is not an acceptable one.

a moderate consumption of things is always appreciated.

hi other ILS ,

dont want to reveal your secret ??

help us to grow dears ...

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Neeragaram (made out of pazhaya sadham i.e. the rice saved from previous night immersed in water) gives lot of energy.

Pour water on the balance rice till it is immersed, before going to sleep. next day, mash it well, add some butter milk and salt (liquid drinking consistency). Peel and chop some shallots (small onions) and have it. Excellent energy booster and also good for digestive tracts.

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

@Mira, how can you do that???:idea? ( I am sad). I wanted to write that. Mira's idea is the best. Instead of shallots, ( we didn't eat onions when we were young at home), we used to eat it with Lemon pickle or vadu Mangai.

Now a days, I make oats and add butter milk. Peopel make it with broken wheat just like oats. These are good for your health. But i would like to drink 3 cups of Coffee and eat fried snacks like Murukku, pakoras etc. :drool

Common ladies, please be honest. Really want to drink hot water, fruits etc. ???:thumbsdown

CL

1 person likes this.
  9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

My day starts with a glass of warm water (just to kick-start the system!!!).

Our day starts with a bowl of cornflakes and milk and honey. Sometimes....(as CoffeeLover asked for an honest answer)....I end up eating a murukku or any small snack. And then when I start feeling guilty, I have a fruit with the snack!!!

Anytime during the day, when I feel my energy level needs a boost I just snack on peanut butter and digestive biscuits or just some nuts preferable almonds or raisins or a fruit bar or most of the time. just a glass of ice-cold water is enough.

1 person likes this.
  10. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

My day starts with a glass of milk without sugar followed by a cup of tea by 8.30 am and lunch between 11.30 to 12 with 2 rotis,sabji and a glass of curd. After half an hour 2 glasses of warm water and again at 2 pm two glasses of warm water.

By 4 pm either i murukku /2 biscuits/ 2 slices of bread - this is not always, may be 3 or 4 days in a month. By 6 one banana, 7 pm a glass of warm water, and bet 8 to 8.30 dinner with 2 rotis sabji and curd . Night again from 9 to 10.30 3 glasses of warm water. Absolutely' no' to rice since 1997 and any beverages without sugar . If I need to take rice roti is reduced to one sometimes no roti at all.

if it's dosa or idli not more than 2 numbers.

On sundays, as may servants do not come , oats with two glasses of curd..

Never in between snacks or sweets etc. a very strict regiment in my diet, I have full time and I can do chores even after food.

I do 20 sit -ups everyday . I can sit on the floor and get up without touching the floor for help.

I feel my energy is in taking bananas . I maintain my weight to 53 to 56 for many years.
    Occasionally I take ice cream, bhajji,but after wards I drink warm water.
    Even when we go to restaurants, it's 2 rumali and a little bit of sabji and desserts.
    I do not have BP or Sugar.

What i feel it's the signal one gives to oneself in quantity is the secret.

3 people like this.