1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is your daily face care routine?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by desichica, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

For the past few weeks I m using rosewater + moisturizer mixture for face. Result is amazing. Normally I have a dull face. But now I can see a natural glow.

2. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

Nice topic. I live in the UAE and inspite of the extreme weather conditions here, I have a simple routine with emphasis on moisturizing skin as I spend a most of time in an air conditioned office/home.I picked up the habit of good skin care luckily from my adolescent years thanks to my Mom.

Morning: Cleanse with Loreal Purifying Gel Wash ( Summer ) or Loreal Hydra Total 5 ( Winter ). Apply toner - Loreal White Perfect Skin Toner and follow up with Loreal White Perfect Moisturizer. Sometimes, I skip the moisturizer and apply Garnier All in One Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream followed by Maybelline Matte maker, Kohl for the eyes, paint my lips with lip liner and matching lipstick for the day ( I keep experimenting with lipstick brands ) and finally put my sindoor and bindi. I never leave without moisturizing my hands and legs with Vaseline Body lotion and applying Parfum ( Sapil or Ajmal brands.Sometimes, I prefer using my husbands' as he always has the best smelling Parfums :wink1:)

Evenings: After a quick bath, I cleanse my face with same face wash or Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Then, I just apply Loreal Revitalift Night Cream. Vaseline Body Lotion again for my legs and hands.

Weekly: I use St Ives Apricot Scrub, any homemade face pack etc, once in a week.

Every 2 weeks I use an epilator to remove hair from legs and hands. It take only 5 minutes if you use it regularly. I only go to the parlor for eyebrow and upper lip threading once in a month and twice or thrice in a year for fruit facial. Foot care I manage with a good pumice stone and moisturizer. And for my hair, I have been using Vatika Hair oil and Loreal Shampoo/ Conditioner for years now.

I just focus on following a manageable regime that I cannot do without. Hope it inspires someone!

Lin1321 likes this.
  3. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

I love this topic... Given below is my routine:
    Morning:
    Apply raw lemon on face for 20 minutes
    Face wash - Clean & clear morning energy face wash
    Moisturizer - Ponds flawless white
    BB cream - Maybelline BB cream mixed with Lacto calamine for consistency
    Concealer - Maybelline dream touch highlighter + concealer
    Eye shadow - Maybelline nude palette
    Compact - Maybelline all day white
    Blush - Maybelline dream
    Eyeliner - Maybelline gel eye liner
    Mascara - Maybelline voluminous mascara
    Lipstick - Maybelline in matching shades
    Evening:
    Remove the makeup with olive oil and wash face with Clean & clear morning energy face wash
    Apply tomato, lemon and honey mix juice
    Then apply turmeric+curd+besan pack
    Then Lacto calamine lotion
    Night Aloe Vera gel from Patanjali
    Weekly once:
    Scrub feet and apply Joves foot scrub+cream
    Scrub face with Everyuth walnut scrub
    Apply sandalwood face pack
    Hair care:
    Oil hair with patanjali pure coconut oil
    Wash hair thrice a week with patanjali kesh kanti shampoo and protein conditioner
    Monthly once:
    Full waxing
    Herbal facial
    Eyebrows threading

Lin1321 likes this.
  4. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Where do you get this from anupamag, is it home made? If it is can you share please?

5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Lin,

Sandalwood powder is easily available in any cosmetic shop in India, mix rose water to it to form a thick paste and use it.

6. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply - I live in the Black Mountains in Wales, UK. I will have to search on amazon, I'm sure to find a supply in the UK, but I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing.

7. Aabha82

Aabha82 New IL'ite

@ anupamaganupamag

Wow you really give much time and care to your face. Try to follow this and see how it works, Thanks..

8. minesotasundari

minesotasundari Bronze IL'ite

Hey ladies ,

I prefer more of natural products for skin care and ensure to use less products for make up.
    I had dry dull skin but it has become history, now i am blessed with glowing skin
    Morning:
    Wash my face with powdered oats+besan dal
    Once in 2 days scrub face with mixture of oats+sugar+coconut oil+milk cream or raw milk all equal quantities(this mixture removes tan as well)
    Bath: I use moong dal powder
    Night routine:
    Wash my face with powdered oats+besan dal
    Apply aloe vera gel for face ,neck,hands,foot and even sole(handles cracks).I use patanjali aloe vera gel

Makeup routine:
    Olay serum
    Lotus tinted mositurizer
    Maybelline compact
    Plum kajal
    Coloressence eyeliner
    chambor lipsticks or maybelline lip gloss
    maybelline mascara

Suja9 likes this.
  9. madhuri04

madhuri04 New IL'ite

Here are Effective daily skin care routine :-

1. Specific care for each skin type
    In order to take care of and respect your skin, first and foremost make sure to choose products specially designed for your skin type. Dry skin does not have the same needs as oily skin.

2. Gentle cleansing
    Taking care of sensitive skin begins with make-up removal. In order not to stress your skin and to respect its natural balance, make sure to use a pH-neutral make-up remover, specially formulated to cleanse your epidermis gently.

3. Pay special attention to fragile areas
    Some parts of your face (eye contour, lips, etc.) have particularly fine, fragile skin. They need specific care, especially the eye contour and the lips. These areas of your face are more sensitive and deserve special attention.

4. Eyes: a risk area
    The eye contour skin is ten times finer than the skin on the rest of the face. Choose a specific routine for make-up removal in this area.

5. Moisturizing is essential
    The dermis is made up of 70% water and the epidermis, 15%. In order to keep the skin well moisturized, it is important to choose daily moisturizing skin care products that balance the level of water within the skin. You may also use a moisturizing mask regularly, removing the excess with a spring water spray.

6. Exfoliation is indispensable
    Use a suitable exfoliation treatment once or twice a week. It must be effective yet gentle and respectful. Choose a pH-neutral exfoliation product, which is perfect for smoothing and purifying the skin while respecting its natural balance.

7. Preferably hypoallergenic make-up
    To avoid the risk of allergies linked to the use of products that are not suited to your skin, choose hypoallergenic make-up specially formulated to meet the needs of all skin and eye types, even sensitive skin.

8. Watch out for external stress
    Pollution, smoke, stress… All these have harmful effects on the skin. Use skincare products to protect your skin against these daily stresses before leaving the house and cleanse your skin thoroughly when you come home in the evening.

9. Sun protection
    Whatever the season, choose daily skincare products that include solar filters. They reduce the harmful effects of the sun, which accelerates skin ageing.

10. Don't neglect the lips
    As soon as you feel the need, use a restorative cream for the lips. Do not hesitate to reapply to this particularly fragile area as often as necessary.
    :)

10. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Hi anupamag, I found it on amazon.co.uk! Must it be rose water or can I use plain water because I love the smell of sandalwood??? TIA