1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “style” Statement ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Feb 9, 2020.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Even with the skinny fit in vogue so much... I struggle wearing anything snug... Denim was my least favourite fabric until I came to a colder country. I wear only boyfriend jeans, that is as much far as I can go with snug jeans.
    I had the same issue with leggings and I always preferred salwars/ parallels over skinnies.
    Summer is joy with regular fit linens and cottons. Outfits which are 'airy':oops: ( sarees excluded). My saree draping skills are terrible and am not proud of it. So, avoid as much :hmmm:. I love salwar suits.. will pick them over sarees. Those straight cut salwars with loose bottoms are my all time favourites.

My fashion is more comfort than fashion it seems.. but is it what is is.

Make up is very very rare. Even thou my dark circles beg for concealing. My lipsticks last for ages. Love light face creams and body butters with light fragrance.

Perfumes: Sigh my weakness :0. Sensitive to smells. I alternate between Chole and Loccitane. These are the only brands I am loyal to. I have managed to get off the brand wagon in other things since long now ( clothes, bags, shoes) but just cant on these perfumes.

Flats I love. Ankle length boots in winter. I love nice looking bags ( need not be super brands but soft and convenient). Puffer jackets are God-sent in winter times.

What I dont like: Perfumes which are too heavy or too sweet. Those 15kg trench coats and jeggings. I feel jeggings are a fashion mistake but thats just me:buenrollo:.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Indian wear is beautiful too!

I love short clothes and if I may say,it does look good on me but am
    not at all comfortable wearing it..sometimes I feel why I don’t have the guts to wear even if it looks good..but then it is probably my brought up..coming from a conservative family and certain things instilled in the brain..it’s hard to change completely.

I am okay with it coz I wear what I feel good in and you automatically look good:)

Don’t worry about Indian or western..Indian wear has stunning colors and Americans here love the colors and clothes we bring from India..
    Grass is greener:)

Wear what you really like and feel
    Good in and don’t quit your journey towards weight loss..someday you will surely achieve your dreams:)

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You sound very confident and edgy!

I maintain a medium length hair..love short hair but once cut it and felt like my security blanket was off:D

everyone here in this thread seems to have great taste:)

Angela123 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That as great! Should check it out..thanks for the info:)

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I checked it on amazon have ordered already:)

Thanks laks!

although now thinking should I go to the store and get it..coz with amazon will it be the real thing:eek:

Laks09 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

curls are really nice I feel..different..
    I have straight hair but once I curled it in a spa for a party and loved myself in that:)

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Just like you ..I love dal wars better than sarees coz I feel they are more comfortable and very underrated:)

I also have a weakness for perfumes!
    Deo also..I keep trying every brand and love eater lauder Mordern muse!

cucumbers work very well for dark circles but one has to try consistently for one week or more and also good sleep..

My saree draping skills are bad:( I so leave the pallu loose as it covers the flaws! Some women do it so perfect and with ease!Also have to admit..I get lazy these days to dress up and saree
    Takes a lot of effort lol

heron likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I give complete credit to you to have actually started this thread going:)

Thank you..

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:joycat::joycat: Someone else told me that. I order makeup from Sephora or Nordstrom/Neiman Marcus. I do prefer going to the store though because that makes me the happiest.

Caughtinbetween and anika987 like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That’s true:) I will go in person to Nordstrom.Even Macy’s should have that I guess

Laks09 likes this.