1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “style” Statement ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Really envy ladies who can carry off jeans and Tshirt...many years ago I was slim enough to wear fashionable tops and tshirts and slim fit denims...but I've a pear shaped body besides being overweight now...so due to heavy bottom I.e broad hips and flabby thighs with cellulite, jeans do not suit me at all...could wear only with long kurtis or tops which are knee length or few inches above knee...that's why I prefer Indian wear :(

anika987 likes this.
  2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I love classic and practical pieces, when it comes to style.
    For work, I have to wear formal clothes 4 days a week, so I keep good slacks, ankle pants, button down shirts and nice blouses. Occasionally I wear skirts and dresses. I love shoes, but after so many years of hoarding, I have boots, flats, pumps, sandals, and wedges but I use all of them and rotate them quite often. I use my closet to fullest, so I dont have very many desi clothes. I am an outfit repeater. For Indian, traditional Silk saree, and I keep jewelry to minimum. I have wavy hair and I used to be that person in high school who wore heavy kajal and beads on hair. and tried on a variety of hairstyles on very long hair. But going to college I became "homely girl" with very long hair and minimal make up, this stage stayed until I got married. Broke free and experimented quite a bit after moved to America. Now going on a cycle where I grow my hair very long and cut it too short in a span of 2 years. I always wear it straight. As for make up, I go for eye liner mascara, eye shadow if attending an dinner/formal evening and lipstick.

anika987 likes this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Anushka- You sound like my tall twin :).

I have curly hair as well. I just put a little hair butter right after shampoo and conditioner and the curls stay put.
    I can't wear nail paint either. Only get my toes painted.
    I love sarees as well. Wear sarees several times a year...whenever my mood strikes.

Deo and perfume here as well. I can't leave home without my deo on.

anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Try wide bottom jeans- look good on a pear shape.

Needtobestrong, anika987 and AmulB like this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Haven't shopped in target in almost 5 years. Should check it out.

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Try Superstay lipstick. I have switched almost completely to Maybelline 24 h Superstay and just love them.

Sunshine04, anika987 and AmulB like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 - you’ve been really nice to everyone here. So here is something for you. I never shared this with anyone but since you’ve been so sweet - here is a Dior sugar scrub for the lips. I used to have painfully chapped lips. This helped alleviate that. Now it’s the only thing I wear. Rarely ever wear a lipstick over this. It isn’t a color, just a slight gloss. It’s one of those natural looking ones but it has sugar crystals in it. I love it more than coconut oil and sugar. I use it instead of lipstick. And I think you are a sweet one and hence some sugar for you!

sbonigala, anika987 and Sinant like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Hello my twinnie... :hello:
    What's this hair butter? Can you recommend me the brand? I'll try using it..

anika987 likes this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Few of my friends use lipstick which never go! Need to check with them the brand .even after eating and washing their mouth I have seen their lipstick stay. Not sure if there reapply.

Mine just goes away in 20 mins for the amount of talking I do.
    Awww.. Thank you. :blush::blush: Yes I consider my height as my asset.. Though I hate my curls at times when it's very frizzy and demands more maintenance . :laughing::laughing:

anika987 likes this.
  10. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Saw that maybelline has super stay color pencils they look good. Have to try

anika987 likes this.