What is/was your favorite classic.....Poll for 5th Nov to 11th Nov.

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Nov 6, 2006.

What is/was your favorite classic to read aloud to your children?

1. Ramayan/ Mahabharat stories

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Fairy tales

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Panchatantra stories

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. Folk tales

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends
    This week's poll question is on parenting.
    Putting the kids to sleep and telling bed time stories is an enjoyable activity, I am sure all of us Moms love doing it.

Sure we do have fond memories of hearing stories from our Grandmas who tells us stories with moral values.

Now our kids do have to see CDs and DVDs to hear Ramayan, Mahabharat stories. With the advent of technology has computer replaced grandmas?
    Whatever be the scenario, the child has to hear good stories and if it is personally read out aloud to the child by parents well and good.

So ladies this poll is what is your favourite classic that you would wish to read out to your kids.

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

bedtime stories

hello
    your poll sure is good. grandmas stories mamas stories are all fine nowadays people are so addicted to tv that they find very little time for stories..mothers and sometimes father too should take extra care to communicate with little ones at bed time.. if u have a kid and are carrying the next imaginative stories about the next one to arrive shortly .. say that he or she may be helpless and need the help of the first child to sleep, keep tidy etc and how much u need his help as u r otherwise busy etc.. say how cute and tiny and bold your first one was remember his or her smally enjoyable activities etc..
    these conversations can be `enjoyable bed time stories' to your little ones in growing up.. i did it and enjoyed it better than any bed time story
    singing not just lullabies but other songs too will make the child interested in music my first son used to go to sleep only after our singing five songs!!
    even when he was just a few months old.. perhaps they think its bedtime after five songs .. or what ever!! my next one loved stories from anyone !
    happy bedtime stories the moon that figures inmost childhood stories is sure to like it too..
    sathya

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Surya

Hi Surya
    Thanks for your appreciation about this week's poll.
    Also liked your idea about singing songs during bedtime. Usualy we do sing only to infants and very little babies.
    Yes, Doctors do tell us that little conversation during bed time is important in molding a child's character.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I am also for telling stories to older children and singing to smaller children. The Thalattu Padalgal album of the Bombay Sisters was released just when my son was born. I used to sing those songs and also OOthukkadu songs to him to put him to sleep. And by the time he was 3 years old, he could sing those songs well. That way I have inculcated in him the habit of hearing goo music. Now he is 15, and is not fond of the 'kuththu' songs of Tamil films much. But he likes melodies very much.