What is the use of duphaston tablet?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Kamakshi2009, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vaishu,
    I suppose the 2nd day or third day test must have to be blood test on your hormone levels. There is nothing to worry on it. Relax.
    You can read the threads on PCOS to know about it. Refer the A-Z thread in the sticky part of this sub-forum. The above hormone analysis will give clue on PCOS too! Don't worry about PCOS at this stage. Stay positive.
    Frequent urination is a bundle that comes with pregnancy.Don't fly high. Wait for some time to show the reports!
    Urine infection... Drink more water or water based foods. Refer threads on UTI. You will get answers to it!

Baby dust to you!

2. coolheart

coolheart New IL'ite

Hi,

I got my periods today. Dont know if i had to be happy or sad about it. :). Even I was asked to come for tests on 2nd or 3rd day. I would b going for tests.
    I want to know whether the presence of cycts on the ovaries alone is told as pcos. or is cysts on ovaries normal.
    When I had my miscarriage, docs just told bcos of my pcos this happened and not give any other explanation. They r well known docs. N only now willing to do some tests.
    My periods(30 days) r regular, sugar, thyroid normal, I had never been sick (hardly would get cold once in a year), I have clear skin, no unwanted hair, and I am slim too. when I see others posts about their problems, I could not relate anythign to mine other than these 2 awful miscarriages.
    As I was told I am having pcos, i have joined gym, n eating low GI food already. I plan to be more proactive with questions with my doc.
    Thanks for reading.

3. VaishnaviRam

VaishnaviRam Junior IL'ite

hi,
    thanks to vasumathy for her response. i got my periods and doctor said duphaston tablet makes late period. i went to check up on 3 day of my periods. But i said to doctor that il try to conceive naturally and so she said nothin to do now and din take any test. she told me to come after 3-4 months if necessary.

I don like to take any tablet to get conceive and want to go for naturally. But still i have urine infection. does it cause late pregnancy? i drink lots and lots of water but even now im passing urine for every 20 mins. After TTC, i put lots of weigh bcoz of not doin any work at home. i heard that if we stress our body during TTC, sperms wont stay for longer. My weight may cause bad result for pregnancy. So now i relaxed myself and decided not to think anything abt pregnant. I started doin yoga to reduce weigh and for infection too.

But if anyone had done a test during 3 day of yr periods, pls post wat did they do. so i can come to know abt it. Thank you

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cool Vaishu....
    You don't need to be in complete rest while TTC. You can do moderate activities... Walk whenever you can. Walking is the best exercise. Eat healthier foods... Recude carbohydrate based food. Take care of your health. Forget about TTC & enjoy your natural attempts... Relax & enjoy your days...
    Baby dust to you dear....

5. superbaby27

superbaby27 New IL'ite

hi my doctor advised me susten , i am 14 weeks pregnant now and was having blood clots for last 3 days . had spoting last week also and doctor gave me trapic and daflon , nowafter 3 days also when it ddnt stop i went to another gyn which refered me duphaston and told its because of vaginal infection. and also told me that trapic is not given in pregenecy . can u plz help me whom should i follow now

6. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vaishu,

1. Keep drinking plenty of water / tender coconut water throughout the day. Aim for 8+ glasses of water a day. This will help prevent UTI. Ofcourse, if you already have UTI, then consult a gynec to get it cleared, and keep drinking water.

2. PCOS - Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. One post is not enough to explain about this. This forum in particular overflows with information about PCOS - what, why, how etc. Please search this forum and you will find a wealth of information. If you have any specific question within PCOS, let us know.

3. You are being asked to test on the 2nd or 3rd day because thats when your FSH / LH hormone levels would give a clear indicator of whether you have PCOS symptoms. There's nothing to be embarrassed about doing these tests during your period days. The lab personnel have seen it all and then some. And after all, all you are doing is giving a blood sample taken from a vein in your hand !! So dont worry.

4. I am not sure about 3-4 times an hour, but yeah, in the 1st and 3rd trimester the baby will be pressing down on your bladder, so the urge to relieve yourself will be more than normal.

Finally, a note on Duphaston. I was using it only to get my periods. I was having irregular periods, and to regularise them the doc gave me these tablets. 2 tablets a day for 5 days, and after stopping it for 4-5 days the periods would come. I dont know about its help with pregnancy.

7. deepum

deepum New IL'ite

hi i had pcod and am on metformin.my doc asked me to take ovashield.on 14th day the matured follicle size was 20mm.and she prescribed me dupahaston .actually i used to get severe back pain always before my periods.even wen am on duphaston i had that pain so i just stopped taking duphaston from day 20th day of my cycle.but still i didnt get my periods.today s my 27th day..please help me?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  8. vidhyavasu

vidhyavasu New IL'ite

Hello sisters,

I am in TTC since 3 years. Not conceived. I have pcos and in live in Bangalore. Can any one suggest me good doctor ?? Ayurveda or homeopathy ?? Pls reply

9. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    Don't worry about duphaston.. it's actually used for both purpose one for getting period and another to sustain our pregnancy it's just an progesterone supplement.. it will give side effects like backache, bloating, gas because progesterone hormone will act like that only... So trust ur doctor.. am 12 weeks pregnant now... Am having this tablet since after ovulation.. so don't worry about anything...
    And then yes this may delay periods because it will help to maintain pregnancy once egg or sperm quality is not good if the environment for the embryo to stay in the uterus is not gud then we ll get periods until it delays d period...
    So stay strong think positive... Everything in Google is not correct ànd one more thing most Google average reviews are based on foreign people which means outside India because our food and environment is different... U can search and ask doubts to doctor even I do but don't decide anything what is in internet...
    All the best for all :)
    Baby dust to all :)