What Is The Stupidest Thing You Ever Did?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jskls, Jan 28, 2017.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

It's Friday! Just for fun asking this question. What is the stupidest thing you ever did? There would have been many oh no :thinking: or :facepalm: moments. What was one such moment?

Happen to read Rih-ji's post in relationship chatter thread. So quoting the same here

So there will be no haldi-kumkum or hugs&kisses here (refer How to Host a Haldi Kumkum Ceremony) .

You may get a like or two or more .... go on Share your 'stupidest' moment

stayblessed, Induslady, Amica and 7 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Didn't fill gas even when the alert thingie was a solid orange for 2 days. Oh my.. how much naatak I got from DH for that. Then, once remembered-but-forgot to make rice for school lunch for a kid who will only take rice and won't buy hot lunch. Mashed two idlis and convinced her it _is_ rice.

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

What would you do when you have a toothache in the middle of the night? I went looked for clove oil and checked the expiry date but the seal was still on... so took a cotton swab dipped in it and applied where it was hurting. I was sensible until then. loved the numbing effect slept off. Got up still in pain while half asleep brain decides to try a new thing ... I add a few drops along with my toothpaste and brush .... my mouth is on fire initially it numbs my gums but my tongue is on rapid fire. I rinse off quickly... thank god didnt swallow. I keep hoping it will get better get better and it's more than 12 hours now, anything and everything is tasteless. eating indian food makes me cry literally... What a stupidest thing to do

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi tongue buds are very sensitive.That's why it is affected much.Goggle with buttermilk till the irritation lessens

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Yes mmaa I did that and will keep doing it till it gets better Thanks

GoogleGlass likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I've certainly done more stupid things in my life but this springs to mind. Moved into a new house and woke up nice and early. Bathroom sink wouldn't dispatch warm water. I turn the handle left, wiggle it, but nope. Peak winter. No hot water. I wake the household up (aka husband ) at the ungodly hour, who grunts, turns around and goes back go sleep. I run to the garage and fiddle around with the heater controls. There's hot water in the kitchen but none in the bathroom. Total panic now thinking of getting ready and all that. After nearly an hour of pouring over manuals etc. I hear husband (who always complains of cold) in the bathroom. I rush to ask him how he's managing. He says, I turned the tap the other way - this tap alone seems to have been connected "ulta". Sigh!

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Parallel parked in uphill street, between two cars. And got out. Whether it was in neutral or the parking break failed or what... the car started rolling back. Instinctively stuck a foot under the front tire to stop the car. And brain caught the stupidity right away -- so pulled my foot back. Tire went over the shoe, the car went back gently and stopped against the bumper of the parked car in the back. One shoe with tire tracks on it. Toes were intact. Lucky. No damage to the other car. Other car happened to be friend's, attending the same party. Double lucky.

8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Instead of goggling she is busy googling for remedies :)

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls very interesting thread.

GoogleGlass and jskls like this.
  10. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

nice one ls.

the following was intelligent to me but stupid to my bil :)

it was those days just out of college and lackluster hunt for a job at sis's place.

sis was away for few days and my bil was forced to be at my mercy :)

bil comes home late usually, i sleep by then. when i sleep i beat kumbakarnan (those days).

first night he was left to sleep outside the doorstep in december cold, as i failed to realize ringing bells, door knocks... lucky me no IL those days - he would have started a thread "how to get rid of me" :)

the engineer in me woke up and from following nights, i tie a rope to my toe and leave the other end at the main door step.

he comes pulls the rope and there i am murmuring to open the door :):):)