What is the REALITY ???? Return to India...

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Sep 14, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

successor to my other thread..:))

I feel suffocated here in USA due to loneliness and such a mechanical life.and the winters!! enough to get one into depression!!
    Really wondered how come people seem sooo happy?
    Isn't it sad that each and every day missing India despite all the luxuries and freedom
    and keep convincing that life is better here?

However, I need to also know the REALITY..
    my dreams are..

I will be settling in Bangalore due to hubby job though am from tamil nadu actually..

I will might go to a complex which has lots of apartments..lots of people!

My kids will be put in a good school and I will drop and pick them up viz car.Of course,will try to get a driver.

Wll have a housemaid to help me with chores

when I go for a evening walk,I hope the neighbors will be nice and I can pick aconversation with them.

Bangalore complexes have even 500 apartments! how hard is it to make a friend?

weekends will be going out,shopping and eating

I get to go to temples often

I will go to some classes to keep me more occupied

nice Indian coffee and indian magazines!!

I will find it easier in India to make friends,hangouts,and go out a lot.

non stop traffic sounds and LIVELINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be seeing a lot of people.nomore dreaded loneliness!

no more winters! yay!

once in six months..some short trips nearby states maybe

once in two years a good vacation

parents nearby

Totally ready to wear Indian attire for good.

More Indian movies and theatres..yay!!

SENSE OF BELONGING.

people will call for lot of functions and vice versa.
    Can live be even more blissful!!NO MORE FEELING LONELY,NO MORE INSECURITY!!!!

The above is WHY I really really want to get back to India.Am I just living in a dream world or the above is very possible in India?are you happier in India?

8 people like this.

2. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Everything that you've mentioned I do! Maybe I'm a little less sociable than you but I did go through the terrible loneliness abroad so I understand. Something in us that craves what we have here. And if you can afford it, all the luxuries you mentioned. If you can't, then too, it is possible to live a good fulfilled life. And so much is available here. The material, consumerist lifestyle yes. But if you want that little peace for your soul? Ashrams, temples, functions, bhajans. And you can strike up conversations with people too. We are all so interested in others and helpful. As much me time as you can make for yourself....So, I hope your dreams come true.

2 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I second songbird.However, we should have our priorities right whether we like it or not.
    After going back,India will seem great initially but we should be sure we do not MISS AMERICA.coz usa has so many other luxuries.

That is why the dilemma always is there whethr to go back or stay.If usa is so bad,then all will return to India rightaway:) However,since it is also an awesome place most of the time we are stuck between two worlds coz we want the best of both:(

3 people like this.
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I am not from India but I am just interjecting: when I am in India, folks coming and going non-stop for me also, phone ringing, visiting, meeting new people, affordable trips to museums, facial, hair salon, lunches out. Even for me, India is far less lonely place than USA.

3 people like this.
  5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Anika- you really love to live in India that even the traffic noise is endearing to you. You should seriously consider going back. If you have kids, go back while they are small so that they are not too uprooted. The older they get, the harder it could be.

Life is too short not to live it fully.

7 people like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Diva,
    I miss the traffic. I seriously miss the chatter of kids outside, neighbors, maids, iron guy, security guy, dhoodh wala, pookari, courier guy and random people at the door at all times! My DH hated this part. He complained about privacy issues ALL THE TIME. He had issues if relatives visited and we always had guests. He had issues with helpers at home. Guess why? He can't walk around shirtless. :drowning Like that's more important than me having helpers and people around.

3 people like this.
  7. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi Anika , if you really go back to India then do so! Yes ! we are missing all the
    opportunities . This is a dream indeed.

2 people like this.
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I was looking at my tambram friend's wedding pics....I was teasing him about coming to his wedding naked.......

4 people like this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha your husband seems like me- not shirtless part :)- but I too have issues of privacy. I like the fact that here I only needed someone to come in to help keep house clean only once a week.

And to be frank, even before I came here, I never visited someone before checking if it was a good time for them. I remember as a child, people dropping by just when we had planned to go somewhere fun and even though everyone of us were dressed to go out, refused to take hint and sit and chat. It always ended up with parents being polite and being gracious host and us kids mad.

To me there is also another aspect to informing before coming- it give the host to be prepared. Plus frankly I don't want someone at my door step when I am arguing with my husband or otherwise having a bad day or not in mood to entertain.

I think among all my Indian friends, I am the only one who loves the peace and quite of suburban life. I always wanted a home on an acre or two but all my friends love the city living in a condo and for most NYC is the ultimate dream(and one cannot pay me to live with shared walls or in hustle and bustle of city life ) . I think in the end it is all what one is used to.

3 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I really admire how well you have adapted and I would say you FIT very well in this American society:) That is what everyone wants but due to our upbringing or mind set or whatever reasons some of us find it difficult.I think we should be in a place where we feel safe and secure.We feel OURSELVES and at HOME.that is the real problem:(

Home is where the heart belongs I guess...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014