1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nandita,

It is very true but the ground realities are the cause of erosion in values. Unless we have values to benchmark, how could one judge the ground realities? One or more in marriage could be the cause for ground realities.

2 people like this.
  2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Vijji maa,

Please enjoy your day & the Pravachan. Also share your pravachan experience with us.

3. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

@kcb Very interesting question and even more interesting and helpful responses :thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions. I know you all are so experienced in life. Along with your opinion, can you please also add your advice / tips to make marriage a peaceful & successful one. Your valuable advice will help lot of people.

Thanks in Advance :)

5. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

It is exactly the reason we have to be practical. Everyone is very much aware of the values but we are not able to live by them. Maybe the purpose of marriage is also different today leaving religion aside. And i think marriage as an institution is in itself on the verge of being wiped out in about a couple of decades from now; unless ofcourse it takes on a whole new meaning and definition.

6. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Hi!

My view about marriage is, nothing but getting a companion for life long with whom u can live happily rest of life .its like one soul two body.Without him/her life cant be there. Human life is something that cant live alone ,there will be always one how care you, who share with you everything.

About prblms ,misunderstand ,ugo,hurdle these all are part of life,and its you how you manage effectively and lead life... Conflict with MIL/sIl/hubby its due to misunderstanding,due to ego or due that person nature.try to solve those things, than also if ur not getting solution than best thing is ignore. its very difficult to ignore but thats the only solution and see after few days u will be relaxed..

Just try it :)

1 person likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I think we all are complicating the simple meaning of marriage with the so called social rules and regulations.

What is marriage?
    It is a commitment between a man and woman (or it may differ as per LGBTI relationships) to live together for the rest of their lives. A successful marriage requires respect, love, intimacy, care, share and a bit of friendship to go with the same partner in the long run.
    When you travel this long journey called marriage, you are loaded with so much responsibilities to drive this journey.
    As spouses, each one should be ready to pick up their role at their best, and eventually know what and how their roles can be reversed when the other person can't sail with the same speed.

Marriage makes two different people into one family. This family grows as these two partners of marriage produces more children. Now, the term marriage slowly change to family. The responsibilities, care, share love etc..etc... except intimacy is shared among all the members.
    Marriage grows beautifully as their family grows.

When the old and golden times, as children flee the nest, family changes back to marriage, and this is when the couple live together for each other once again. This time the bonding becomes so strong, because they have a special quality called "understanding" is added to the list.

Marriage becomes easy with time regardless of whatever the social factors, but with one condition. There should be love and affection between the partners.
    Care, share, respect, responsibility etc..etc... will eventually fall in the right place if there is love.
    Even the wrong partner will change for love.
    Love should be mutual, and I am not talking about one sided love.

If there is no love from at least one partner, there is no point of doing any kind of adjustment in a marriage. It is a complete waste of time.

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Meaning of marriage in my circle is just knod your head up and down and not left to right .compromises,Flexibility ,Perseverance make a happy married life .otherwise it is just like one side love.If in Tamil i can write more but here given a little.

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am posting some quotes from my best friend Google which I thought is best suited for thi stittle

Girls are blessed angels of the Almighty, after filling their home with colour of happiness they go to colour others home.

Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach.In fact it is based on Respect, Compromise, Care and Trust.

The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.

Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.

Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it's only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship and faith in your relationship to make it last..

No marriage is perfect and we won't always agree on everything, we made a vow to each other for better or for worst, we have had our bad days and we have had our good days, but through it all we have had each other.

A Great Relationship Is About Appreciating The Similarities And Respecting The Differences?ref=pinp nn A great relationship is about two things: first, appreciating the similarities, and second, respecting the differences. In romantic relationships, as with so much else, it’s the little things that count. Just as a mis-spoken word or odd look can throw a couple into a weeks-long feud

Marriages are successful where there is mutual respect, admiration and lots of love and grace.It is in us to make the married life successful. If we cant change our better half it is better to change ourselves. Married life is where two people should understand each other , leave their ego and have trust n each other . A girl is not only married to a boy but also tot he family. So with her love and affection she has to win the hearts of everyone. I know this wont be suited to present times . But I am just giving my opinion.Whoever we talk to will have some complaint about their married life.

Now a days listening to everyone's married life youngsters dont want to get married and like to remain single, have a good job with high position and they are happy in that. But they dont understand its ok to remain singl ein young age but when they get old they need someone to support them, care them and love them. Each one feels they hav enot got th eright person, but we can adjust and make the married life happy .

[h=1]The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. Be a tree, give fruits, flowers, shade to others without expecting anything from others. Whatever you want from others first you have to give that to others. Whatever you give to others, you will be given in return. If you give love, respect to others then surely you will be given love and respect from others. Thats why we should learn to give good things to others.[/h]

I do not know whether I have written is correct

10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji

Viji Mami,

A nice response.

What ever you had written is correct and I too agree with it.

Thanks,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.