1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Quli

Quli New IL'ite

The meaning of marriage differs from one person to another, for example, for me a marriage means happiness. I think the wedding day is the best moment in our life. Beautiful dress, decorations, unbelievable hall, close people etc. Doesn't it seem like a fairytale? By the way, for brides to be I can recommend a great service, you'll definitely like it - Wedding Photographers in Jaipur - 201 Best Professional Candid Photographers with Prices

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Often it is an economic necessity for middle class girls without any ability for making a living wage on their own. Many end up with a Faustian bargain -- to take on a different sort of misery than they were used to in their parents' home. Sometimes, we hear about men working in the gulf countries, and sending money home to wife/family. Isn't there a proverb that goes: "A good husband is one who is healthy, and absent"?

Thyagarajan and nakshatra1 like this.
  3. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

2 words---LOVE n RESPECT for each other---rest of the terms are all fluff--yada, yada etc !!

if LOVE n RESPECT r there between a couple, their will be no emotional or physical abuse or cheating or doormat like treatment.

n never mix getting physical with LOVE....some men n women can get physical with no love for the other.......

if getting physical was love, some women after marriage would not have been divorced from the husband who had the physical act multiple times with her !

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Mistt likes this.
  4. varshamohan

varshamohan New IL'ite

IN my opinion, marriage is not about fighting, it is about understanding, loving, sharing and caring each other. Fight usually happens, but don't take it with your heart.

5. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Marriage is a oath to grow together every single day, hand in hand.. understand that no two persons think the same and that the world doesn't revolve around you. You find someone you value more than anything and everything...That's LOVE..The most important ingredient in marriage

That's my definition of marriage.. and I love my DH even more with every passing day..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. varshamohan

varshamohan New IL'ite

It is all about trust also. Unfortunately, I couldn't become a good wife.

7. varshamohan

varshamohan New IL'ite

How to start a new thread here? I have to share my incident. But I don't know how to post it.

8. pinky113

pinky113 Bronze IL'ite

A Happy marriage is about three things,
    Memories of togetherness,
    Forgiveness of mistakes,
    And a promise to never give up on each other
    !!!!

9. varshamohan

varshamohan New IL'ite

May I know how to post a new question here?

10. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

You may go to the forum and sub topic in which you want to post and click on create new thread. Hope this helps!!