1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real meaning of marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kcb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. kollen

kollen Bronze IL'ite

Yeah, the obvious elephant in the room.

2. Rupanzal

Rupanzal New IL'ite

Marriage!!!!!!!!!!

Come to think of it, each one of us have a different opinion if marriage, based on one's good and bad experiences.
    If I was asked this question some 10 years back my answer may have been different, or if asked some 15 years back it could have been way far different.
    Our perspective changes with our experience and wisdom. Wisdom!!!! ha haa, come to think of it, when do we have the wisdom? when the opportunity has been lost.....lol :)

Marriage is one institution that has been devised by the society to keep the relationship binding from time unknown, for saving the society for chaos, and progeny and various other reasons, but whatever the reasons it is for the good.

But marriage is so binding, and do we find happiness in it? or do are we happier being single? I would say both are not for sure!

What if there is adultery, lying, cheating or disinterest in the marriage itself?

Sometimes knowingly we get married, that the marriage may or not work out, but still not getting married is hardly a choice, and then comes the adjustments, not just with the spouse, but the DIL, MIL, SIL and their whole family, and their is this love, which has to exist, how does love develop? come to think of it!!!

Love comes only with respect and trust for each other, and you are made to feel. This has to be reciprocated....
    Assuming this does happen, How many years does this take? No idea!!!! Only time will tell.

By then the children come. There is a saying.............we have children in 1, 2 or 3 years soon after marriage, so that the marriage does not break!!

All this adjustments, responsibilities, problems, fight, distrust in the married life, is what marriage is, with some intervals of happiness.
    Life can really bog you down. But still marriage goes on, the problems exist, but still marriage is worth it.

3. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Please read Valmiki Ramayan. Real meaning of marriage is all in that. Majority of us never value the principles underlying in that great epic and many of them call it as "idealistic, not possible in today's modern age, ancient, subjugation of women etc etc etc". We just do Puja and arati to the epics but we are not taught to learn from that treasure since childhood, hence such doubts arise.

4. Rajkum846

Rajkum846 Platinum IL'ite

Marriage in my opinion, is an invention or development that resulted from civilization. It was essential for the continuation of the species. The institution of marriage has helped the species and the resultant civilization to thrive so far. Just like other institutions of civilization, example - religion, marriage was also necessary. All these institutions have few things in common. Inevitably they lead to misuse, establish power structures or hierarchies, exploitation. Also, they undergo changes. Only those institutions of civilization that undergo necessary changes as time progresses, will survive. Marriage too has undergone changes... Multiple partners simultaneously, one partner at any given time, polygamy, monogamy, now LGBT marriages, live-in relationships etc. Popular saying is that 'marriage is a necessary evil'. In my opinion, in present day scenario if either of the partner thinks marriage as an evil phenomenon, then it is not necessary. Marriage has to be neither necessary nor evil. It should be an enabler for reaching higher levels of satisfaction.

5. faithgrime

faithgrime Senior IL'ite

Marriage means forever commitment..

6. DeepikaT198

DeepikaT198 New IL'ite

In my opinion marriage is also a part of life but its good for those who live it with fun & bad for those who dont care each other.

kcb likes this.
  7. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

8. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

towards?:grin:

9. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Hi,

It's true.. it's actually a good point to think about.

10. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

According to me, from my 5 years of experience...marriage is like a prisim. During darker days there will be light later...and when there's love and togetherness they are like rainbows.