What is the performance review process in your company?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by varshini, Dec 23, 2009.

1. varshini

varshini New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Lets all share how performance review works in each of our companies. Let me go first.

In our company, we lock a performance plan sometime in March or April of the year. Then it is kind of forgotten till about November. In November, three things happen.

1. My manager asks for 8-10 people that I have worked with in the company. He then sends them a note asking feedback about my performance for the year.
    2. He asks me to write my self-assessment. It is basically how I did relative to my performance goals and what grading I would give myself.
    3. My manager and his peers get into a "calibration meeting", where they talk about the performance of all the employees in my grade level and stack rank them and give them the "performance grades".

My manager uses #1, #2 and #3 above and write my final performance review, performance grade and decide increment, promotion and bonus.

How does it work in your company?

Varshini

2. StaarBearer

StaarBearer Senior IL'ite

Varshini,

It was done in the same way in my earlier company.
    In the current org, my manager gets direct feedback from clients and makes decisions. Since the hierarchy is flat here, not much importance is given to gathering other team member's opinion.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

In our company Performance objectives are set in the year beginning along with measures and finalised after discussion between employee and line manager. We have monthly feedback meetings. When preformance review starts we have to do a self assessment. Managers provides his feedback and after provides his rating. After calibration with peers the rating is decided. Finally discussion with the employee and convey the rating. If the employee is not happy with the rating he can escalate.