What is the Optimum Amount to spend as rent(house)?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by brahan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I had a casual chat with my friend and came to know that my Friend who is earning Rs.60000(Take Home) spends Rs.20000 for his House Rent.I was astonished.Had i been in his situation i would have looked out for houses only on Rs 8000-10000 Category. i Just cant spend nearly one third of My Salary only on rent. Whats your Take Friends?

2. laksiash

laksiash Senior IL'ite

I do feel the same as u brahan....If they can pay 20k as rent, then they can pay the same for Homeloan, may be some 25-30k, but one canl have some property of their own....

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Laksiash for the firts FB. Yeah, whatever you told is 100% true.

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    everyone has his or her ideas about how to spend money.to you it may seem wastage but to your friend where he stays may seem very important.
    we are staying in a house which is also one third of our income but its our dream house ..........a big bunglow with a nice lawn,garden & huge parking space.as a mother of 2 small kids it was always my dream to have a place with lots of space for kis to play and with this house i am able to make it realise............also i like to spend sundays eating an outdoor lunch with my family in lawn.now,we can afford it so we are here.after few years maybe we will change our ways according to need of hour.

same with your friend.if he is doing something out of his own income & not going for loans then what is the problem.maybe it is his dream and LUCKY he ...........how many of us get to fulfill our dreamns.?

5. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Yes I agree with you Pragati, some they will have some thing in their life. Like of of the guy whom I know build a huge house and its like a dream house. But recently he moved to a flat why you know he said there is no neighborhood in his own house. The house what he has build is huge and looks grand in every way other houses look small and compatible in his area so many may be thinking that he is a bis shot and dont come even if this guy is cordially invited them. So he is moving to a flat where he will have a society and the best part is he is not getting a single person to rent that house so he is now will pay more for the flat and will get less for the house rent. So depends on people. Some may like to be in that place because of school office and all. So all varies from person to person.

6. Joni

Joni Senior IL'ite

in general people spend 15-25% of their salary in rental according to a study