1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the latest best treatment for the acne scars and acne?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sun01, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sun01

sun01 Bronze IL'ite

Could you please suggest latest best treatment for

1) Acne scars (got ice pick scars).
    2) Acne

Acne is been there for 10+ years.

Do I need separate treatments for (1) and (2) or one treatment takes care of them

Many thanks for your help.

2. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

For acne scars retinoid cream such as retin- a creams reduce them. You can start from lower strength .025 and then at a slow pace go to higher strengths as your skin allows. Only thing is that with retin a cream there are chances that acne will worsen before getting better and scar fading.This cream is prescribed for acne as well as for acne scarring.

Also go to a good dermatologist and discuss other options like laser treatment, chemical peels, fillers, autologous fat transfer or subcutaneous incision.

for acne other cream are benzoyl peroxide ones and clindamycin. Also if it is very bad cystic acne then accutane medicine is good but it is a very potent medicine never to be taken without doctors consultation and never for longer than prescribed. Hope this helps.

3 people like this.
  3. sun01

sun01 Bronze IL'ite

Many thanks @Shina for providing possible treatments. Sure I will consult dermatologist to choose one of them suitable for me.

1 person likes this.
  4. ReflectionsFlor

ReflectionsFlor New IL'ite

In order to safeguard ourselves from scars and acne we need to get a regular advice from cosmetologist since they are the experts when it comes for skin periodic laser skin treatments,chemical peels,Botox and dermal filler's will do with it.

2 people like this.
  5. sun01

sun01 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks @ReflectionsFlor.
    Sure I will consult cosmetologist also.

6. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I would suggest you go down this route first:
    10 Super Clever Natural Ways To Remove Acne Scars
    and
    How To Clear Acne Scars - Monsia
    I'd be very interested to know what you eventually choose and whether or not it has helped get rid of the scars.

I am using Vit E oil as an additional moisturiser under my day cream and night repair cream around my eyes and especially on my neck. I am also using Vit E oil on my hands and arms. I will let you know in a few months if there is a difference.

1 person likes this.
  7. sun01

sun01 Bronze IL'ite

Many thanks @Lin1321. I will give a try.

8. drkevin2912

drkevin2912 New IL'ite

Instead of trying out creams and lotions, I would rather ask you prefer natural remedies for acne like lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, raw potatoes, baking soda, etc. I have tried them myself and seen a positive effect. However, it takes some time and you must be consistent in trying them more often. But they do work for sure. You can refer this article on 25 remedies on how to get rid of acne scars where they have mentioned the best natural remedies you can use to get rid of your acne and acne scars.

9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I have to apologise - I should have said apply the Vit E oil after my Monsia day moisturiser or night repair cream. In this way the vit E oil seals in the moisture. It worked very well during our UK winter. What I like about Vit E oil is that it is not greasy.