What is the biggest.....Poll for 12th Mar. 2006 to 18th Mar 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 12, 2006.

What's the biggest advantage of being a stay-at-home mom?

1. Being there for my children

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Being able to run errands during 9-5 hours

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Being my own boss

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Having a well run home

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I am pretty sure our IL community is equallly balanced between working mother and stay at home mother (SAHM). The mothers should have taken the decision to stay at home based on various reasons - top priority might be to look after the kids. Neverthless SAHM's efforts and responsibilities in running the home is not to be under estimated.
    Go ahead ladies, take a poll about the stay at home mothers.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

a mother at home any day better....

hai folks,
    it is my opinion ...that woman should take into consideration of staying at home during the tiny tot days for the kids...from stopping the children from becoming selfish...to teach the give and take policy and to look into whenever needed....i have felt the children coming from home where the mother is easily available are able to interact well with the community...food is a very essential item to soothe the emotion in human..when a mother is there she gels the bond with food and love..she should also be a person cheking in with the kids abt their school and colleges to set things right not to go over board .with strict rules..to teach the essentials of giving freedom and how not to misuse it....whether it is economy or relationship a mother should be a friend rather than taking the role too seriously teach while u play should be the forte ...no problem to admit ur younger days..as to how u made a fool of urself...but when u tell let the age be right and they understand u well...and guide them like any friend would do...when she is away at work busy with office agenda's tends to miss out on these issues..especially the attendance of the college kids gets missed out......regards..sunkan

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

individual's choice

Hai,
    I had been a working mother and now I am a SAHM. I feel this is best decided by the partners and the situation takes the first preference here. I wanted to work, but due to my son's needs I opted to resign my job.
    Every one's situation is different, so it is personal.
    I don't regret my decision, but also feel that I should be doing something useful over and above housekeeping.
    The children learn to be independent and also to handle many situations, when the mother is also working. That is lacking in SAHM.
    varloo

4. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

I am confused!

Hi,

I voted for the option - being there for children in being a SAHM.

But I was little confused to see the majority of the votes for the option - having a well run home. Does this mean working women or mothers don't have a well run home? In my opinion, I feel it is not necessarily true.

Appreciate view of ladies here in this regard.

Kanmani

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

you are right

dear Kanmani,
    you are right. Well run homes are possible because of the ability of the woman and man and not because the woman is staying at home. I feel that when the mother is working, there will be some form of order. She will find it hard otherwise to finish work at home and go to office. As the mother is home, she will be burdened with more work. All depends on the woman's efficiency only.
    varloo