What is that most people cannot live...-poll for Sep 18th to Sep 24th, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Sep 20, 2005.

What is that "most" people "cannot" live without these days?

1. Cell Phone

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Computers / Internet

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Television (or any visual media)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Newspapers & Magazines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Personal Transportation (like own cars, bikes,etc.)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. Relationships (Family & Friends)

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  7. Others (Post your option as message)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

This week's poll is contributed by one of our member GJanani.

It is based on someone asking Janani a few days back, "What is it that most people cannot live without these days?"

Having found it to be an interesting question to get the opinion of many, Janani passed it to us, kindled with curiosity to find out what most of you think about it.

Go ahead...cast your vote and let us know your opinions.

PS: Janani, thank you for passing on this interesting question to be polled in our community.

2. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

My thoughts on this poll

Hi Janani and Induslady,

That's an interesting poll.

I feel these days, many people give least importance to 'Relationships', with other things listed getting more priority in day-to-day life.

Also, number of people reading newspapers and magazines are also coming down, with the increase in the popularity and convenience of Internet technology.

Anything is best conveyed through visuals...so I feel visual media is something most people cannot live without.

3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Personal transportation makes life simple!

I feel it is personal transportation, whichever part of the world you be, it makes life simple. People would not want to miss that convenience these days may be.

Note: Exception could be S'pore, for the amount of public transportation available in surplus.

4. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Hi

Hi Indusladies,

Interesting poll. Every need has its own importance. Cellphone, computers, car, bike etc..these modern amenities make our life comfortable, but family and friends make our life meaningful.

regards,
    Surya.

5. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

Hi,

I think it wud be relationships, coz people can live without mobile phone, they can even live without personal transportation, news papers, television, computers.....but nowadays the only thing they require is relationships....
    Coz of the stressed out day spent working whole day, a person wud definitely look for some relief through his family....He wud like to spend some time with them for relaxing.....And he definitely requires this bcoz, nowadays, due to a very busy life, he shudn't lose interest in his family and drift apart.......
    Regards.

6. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

Surprised!

I'm really surprised with majority votes being for "Relationships". Is it in the same community, few have regrets about their relationship with the in-laws? Strange?

Also, we know there is a complaint about the current generation that most of them want to have a separate family (not in for the joint family approach).

So are we picky with the relationships that we want to live with?

7. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

flaw!

There is one little flaw in this poll. You should not have added relationship as one of the options. Technology - however cool it might be - comes definitely after relationship. To me, one is not better than the other and you can't compare them. They are like apples and oranges.

If I take relationship out of the picture, I would say computers and internet as the one that I can't live without!

8. gjanani

gjanani New IL'ite

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks so much for taking time off to share your thoughts on this subject. It's really wonderful to note that although wish-lists and priorities keep changing from generation to generation, the significance of relationships is still recognized for what it is!

Thanks again,
    Janani