what is polycystic ovary ?? and Krimson-35

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sudharsiniram, Dec 3, 2009.

1. sudharsiniram

sudharsiniram Silver IL'ite

hi
    im having irregular periods , when i checked with Dr they asked me to tale abdomen scan and came to knw that im having "polycystic ovary "
    and given me the medicine Krimson-35 .

i really want to know wat is meant by "polycystic ovary " is that serious disease?

when i saw the description about Krimson-35 , its wriiten more side effects and seems to be anti pregency tablet ..

im really scare and what to know about this polycystic ovary .
    im unmairred 26 yrs with 62 kg , height :5.3 .

as im traveling out of india for 6 months ... more scare abt to take medicine .

please kindly help me ... im so depressed ......

2. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudhashini....
    Nothing to worry. Polycystic ovary is a common one now a days.. It depends upon the size and what type of cyst it is... Some cyst are harmless and they will go by themselves. It is also told that all most all women in her cycle will get cyst and it will go by itself. In some cases we may need to take medicines to get rid of this cyst.
    I had undergone a laproscopy surgery before 11/2 years for cyst... I din't know there was a cyst just went for a casual visit to the dr.. I used to have severe pain and heavy bleeding during my menstrual cycle... After Lapro i was ok and back to normal...Now again 2 months back dr found a cyst which is of very small size and its not responding.. So she have suggested me to leave it, and am continuing treatment for infertility...
    It is not at all an issue, no need to panic... try to do exercise and regulate your periods... Eat healthy foods, pray well. I really don't know about the tablet you mentioned. But for sure dont worry about the leaflet, have you seen the leaflet of crocin, you will get scared reading that:rotfl... so dont worry... clear all your doubts with your Dr and take care dear

And I am also from Cbe... so which Dr you are consulting?

rupz likes this.
  3. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Sharanya...

the best approach would be to go for ayurvedic medicine and also to practice yoga..

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Besides what Sharanya has written.. Krimson-35 is an Oral contraceptive Pill. It habituates withdrawal bleed every month which means, you will have your periods regularly. Your doctor wants your priods to regularise first and then check again the status of cysts. It is not a dreadful disease unless it worsens. It will worsen if medicines that are advised are not taken properly and the weght reduced.

So, take the pill your doctor has suggested for the period she has advised you to and get into exercising. I have been on this just after marriage for 6 months for the Polycyst problem. My periods got all regular and I was asked to try for a baby once my periods get regular.

You must understand that regularising periods is quite an important thing when you plan for a baby. Since you are yet to be married, you dont have to worry too much and will be all ready by the time you get married.

Take care

5. priyasuresh11

priyasuresh11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sudharsini,

Preethi has given you a good explanation.It is a contraceptive pill.Just to start your cycle and to induce the period they prescribed that.No need to worry.
    Go ahead with the Dr advice.You will be all set when you are married.No worries.:thumbsup

6. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Sudharshini,
    There is nothing to worry about PCO too much..It is not that much worse... As prrethi had mentioned Krimson is an oral contraceptive which will help you to regularise your period also your cysys to disappear..

I too had PCO and i took Novelon(This is also a contraceptive) for 6 months.. All my cysts are gone and im 4 months preg now

Since you are unmarried you can easily get cured before getting married so that you will have better chances of becoming pregnant..

7. sudharsiniram

sudharsiniram Silver IL'ite

dear all,

thankyou you very much for clearing my doubt and thakns to your care . i free from worries ..... :) .....

i have started my medicines ... 6 months i have to continue .
    i have read some Threads related to PCOD , it very useful ...

hi saranayadevi
    im taking treatment from Dr.Manormani , my mom consultaning from very long years back , do u knw her?

8. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudasini,
    I have heard about the Dr.. Which hospital she is consulting?

9. Anushaashok

Anushaashok Junior IL'ite

Hi Saranyadevi,

Nice to meet thru IL. Want to be ur friend

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  10. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Anusha,
    Oh Sure... I too like to be your friend:cheers.. will give my id through PM...