1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is New?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Doree

Thank you for your response. Since I don't have daughters, I am not sure how I would have reacted to her hairstyle or facials. I love girl children and perhaps, I would have been lenient. But I would have a tough time with my wife as she considers it is my responsibility to discipline or at least advice the adult children.

After all, this kind of art work can be done only when one is young and certainly not at an age when one has wrinkles in the face and after hair becomes grey. Let them enjoy at that age.

My wife's favorite statement to my son: "I have checked your horoscope and once you are married, you would be blessed with two daughters. After they grow up, one will have red head and another a pink head and at that time, you will understand how I feel when you make so many changes to your appearance".

Viswa

Doree likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Dear Vani,

Take it as an initial training for what was going to happen later on. Once we had a social gathering and my wife was concerned how my son would be so different than other adult children with dreadlocks. As soon as we arrived, including a scientist (80 years old) gave him a grand welcome and specifically told that he liked his hairstyle. They spend an hour discussing everything under earth including the Big Bang. Most adults are now aware of the latest developments. In fact, one of the kids had a hairdo like a porcupine and most other children wanted to touch his hairstyle to feel it.

Viswa

3. Viswamitra

Hi Shanvy,

Thank you for your response. Definitely, you are not alone. Gone are the days when facial hair is considered as unprofessional. Now, whether it is India or the US, facial hair is considered as a welcome sign of a person with different skill-set. When I migrated to the US, I was told that the Americans like only short hair with no facial hair. The days are changing now and the entire new generation of people are growing facial hair unless they are serving the military.

Give him the right to play with his own hair when he can, before they begin receding. Most don't apply anything to their hair to maintain and that is primarily the root cause for receding hairline. Gone are the days when we were told to apply oil in the head before combing.

Yes. It is Srichakra.

Viswa

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Syamala,

Is redhead becoming popular back in India? Once my son teased my wife when she asked, "what kind of wife I should look for you?" by replying, "Red head". My wife took it seriously and started worrying until I said to her that he was just joking. I have seen multi-color hairdo, so many different varieties of Tattoos among girls. I lived in Pune from 1988 to 1992 and I am familiar with the Institute you are talking about. But those days, all those fashions didn't exist but it was still considered a very cosmopolitan institution. Can you believe each Tattoo has its own significance among the younger generation? They have it for a reason.
    What is the point in Googling for removal of Tattoo unless the mother is planning to remove it in her daughter's sleep? The daughter is not going to agree for removing the Tattoos.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

@Iravati

Frankly, hanging out with friends and coming home late are the least of the worries. You don't have to go on a guilt trip. Your generation specializes in responding to the parents without giving away anything. Even when my wife asks my son, "When will you be back?" he always responds, "I will let you know when I know it". I am glad you are home when your mother makes your favorite dishes and your mother found the best way to get an appointment with you. My son never eats at home under the pretext that Indian meals are unhealthy. His health consciousness is beyond anyone's imagination. Nowadays, if we need to speak to him about something, we fix a time to have dinner with him in Sweet Tomatoes so that he is struck with us for an hour.

Here is the picture of Hip Hop Canary & Blue single ear-stud:

[​IMG]

I don't have a daughter and I have only a son. I wonder how long it takes to have a Tattoo done? Where do they find so much time?

Viswa

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Shanvy likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

@SunPa

You have no choice. They have to cope up with the peer pressure. This generation is very different and they like to learn on their own. Our advises have to be only need-based and on request from the adult children. Seriously, your daughter can do hairdo and enjoy it only at this age. Frankly, when we get older, it becomes need based and only when we have to attend a function. We don't mind staying home with grey hair.

Tattoos are big no no for my wife too but my son so far respectfully agreed with her views. May be he doesn't like Tattoos either. :)

Viswa

Viswa

7. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Hilarious post, dear Viswa sir!

Most of us can relate to it. It reminded me of my mother's reaction when I had a haircut for the first time. I said I was going to trim it and almost cut it to half of its original length. I didnt enter the firing zone for the next 2 hours!

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Having seen a nephew who even to this day sports those sidelocks which make me cringe, I can imagine the pangs you and your wife feel seeing your son in his various avatars. But then as Doree says, we all have but one life (of which we are aware), so what does it matter?

Enjoyed reading. Good to read you in light hearted avatar. :-D

Doree and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Viswamitra

My dear Rajeni,

Haircut would have received the green signal if you were my daughter. In fact, daughters would get away with almost anything in our home because our home is girl-starved and pink is the favorite color for me for a while. Long hair is rather difficult to maintain and get ready to go out quickly. I support your decision. :)

Viswa

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Satchi,

What else the adult children could tinker with other than their own hair and body? Even though I keep repeating I would have been more lenient if I had a daughter, I would have had a heart-attack if she were to have her belly-button pierced or have Tattoos below the neck region or near the belly-button. I wouldn't mind pink Butterfly in the wrist without any questions.

Viswa

satchitananda likes this.