1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is mean by skin cleaning in beauty parlour?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sangeethraj, Nov 19, 2009.

1. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I want to know what is skin cleaning treatment in beauty parlour. One of my friend told me that there is a skin cleaning option is available in the barlour. So i am very eager to know what it is and how it is done.

Regards,
    Sangeetha

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

A clean up is different from a facial only because a facial massage is not given around the face, neck and back region which is an integral part of a facial. A clean up cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes the facial skin. Ugly blackheads and whiteheads are cleared by gently steaming the face. Regular clean-ups can prevent and reduce skin problems. Clean ups are recommended for all skin types

3. sangeethraj

Hi Prettina,
    Thanks for the information.
    I have one doubt. whether is there any special cleaning process is available for oil skin.

Regards,
    Sangeetha

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi Sangeethraj

I am not much aware of the cleanup for oily skin...

I have never heard of...

May be..

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I never do a facial, as I had cystic acne. A clean up is highly recommended on a regular basis. I visit a friend's herbal parlour - and this is the procedure there.

1. Wash face with luke warm water ( sometimes with tulsi and neem added).
    2. Dry completely. A under eye oil, that has camphor in it is applied on closed eyes and small massage is done for under eyes and eye brows.
    3. Almond oil is applied generously and massaged all over the face and neck.
    4. A scrub is applied. This parlour makes their own scrub powder. This powder is mixed with curd and applied.
    5. A massage is followed.Mainly in neck and surrounding areas, where black patches tend to occur. Then it is let to dry - 10 - 15 mins.
    6. Then a fruit - I mostly go for guava or aloe vera is mashed and applied. Let to dry - 10- 15 mins.
    7.The scrub is removed. Then a tightner is applied. Sometimes, a couple of drops of aroma oil is added. No massage is done.This is just to close the pores.
    8. Washed and dried well.

The process takes over a hour. I am not sure if any city parlours do such a elaborate process, but this works wonders for me!

Note: I have oily skin and take treatment for acne. So, this process does not contain any chemical ingredients that may affect my medicinal usage. Aroma oils are only once in 3 times, and it is mostly patchouli or saffron. I do this process once in 15 days.

Cheers
    Arch

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Sorry for deviating the thread topic.

Arch,you explained it very neatly :thumbsup.Is the one where you get herbal shikakai from? Could you share the name and address of the parlour if you do not mind?

7. sangeethraj

Hi Archana,
    Thanks for the elaborate explanation.
    I have one doubt, what is the difference between clean up and facial. Bcoz preetina, told that massage is not done in clean up. thats is the difference between these two. But u told me that, in clean up they massage with almond oil.