1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is It That I Am Going Through?kindly Help Me To Come Out Of This.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by staycool90, May 2, 2018.

1. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

I was not at all like this before. I have not behaved in such a strange way. My married life is going on well. I quit my job a year ago because of work pressure. After that I went for competitive exam coaching. Once that course was done, I kept preparing at home for exams. But the feeling of nothing doing and sitting idle is making me to break my head. I am TTC and we have some fertility issues. So that is moving on in one side. On the other, I have really started to hate sitting idle at home so much so that recently I am bursting out very much for no reason. I know its my mistake. I know I am hurting my mom and husband, but sometimes couldn't control and resist myself. Recently I missed a chance in an exam by very minute mark. I don't know whether my behaviour is like this because of that. That was my last chance. Can't appear for that exam again.

The first time that I shouted was when my husband told me not to worry about job and child. It will happen and he told me lets pray for that and for now instead of worrying about all this he told me to relax and indulge in some hobbies or whatever I like to do. But to his shock, I blasted like mad. I couldn't resist it. I don't know why. He understood that I was stressed. He then spoke some positive and encouraging words. After that for 2-3 days I was feeling very positive and happy. Again after that It started. I don't know why I am behaving like this. My mother stays with us and I feel bad and sorry but I did the same to her. I know it would hurt her very much but couldn't control myself. When I feel bad about it and share it with my DH, he said never repeat the same again and don't hurt elders. But this is happening again and again. I am not doing it for wanted. But sometimes I feel huge pressure within myself that I burst out. I speak all negative stuffs and shout like hell. I am afraid if this continues It will affect our marriage life and my mother's love.

(Since my field of education does not have good scope in Tamil Nadu, I couldn't get a job in my field. I am interested in teaching but none of the school is ready to hire me, because I am TTC). I am positive for some days and after that the pressure starts hitting my head again. Tried reading books, doing some craft works but nothing helped and right now no interest to do that. (though these were my hobbies)
    Kindly help me ladies as am unable to judge myself right now. Is it because of no job or is it because I long for a child to spent time with or am I doing this because of some complex within me..Don't know exactly what I am into..Please help..
    Don't want to hurt my loving mom and hus anymore.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, you are lucky that you have got a supporting & loving husband and mom. Count your blessings. I think you need more diversion or a break from this mechanical life. Try to get at least a part time job , so that you can go outside home and be part of the society in some ways. Or try some volunteering activities in your area. May be you can try giving tuition to schools kids. I don't know what exist in your area. Please explore. If not, try to get out of home every day at least for a walk. If there is a will there is a way. Idle mind is devil's workshop. May be all those issues (job plus fertility issues) are creating some tension/stress/depression in your mind. Our job is to try our best, rest is not in our hands.

Take steps to control your urge to respond this way as it will create negative impact on your married life and ttc. Stress is not good for ttc. So take it easy, relax and divert your mind. Next time when you get an urge to behave this way, take a deep breath (inhale, exhale then smile) or count numbers or chant any prayers or try to get out of the scene etc..Be conscious about this urge for a while. Also apologize to your husband for this behavior and let him know that you are feeling helpless so that he dont feel bad. Take steps, by constant effort you can change this behavior. It is not good to hurt to others for no reasons- good that you are aware of it. Negativity kills happiness . So be positive.

[Also make sure that you are healthy with no anemia or thyroid issues- those can also affect mental health. ]

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Firstly you must feel lucky for having such a lovely and caring husband . When things aren’t going according to our wishes we behave like this and go to the extent of hurting our loved ones.
    Take a short break from all these . You can goto some trip for a change.
    Join some yoga or exercise classes, stay calm . Do something which soothes your mind.
    If this continues it may lead to depression too. Hence don’t take too much stress. Try your best and just go with the flow .

4. blooms4me

blooms4me Bronze IL'ite

I am so sorry that you feel this way. Only you can really help yourself. Looks like you are stressed and worried about a lot of things. I always say "worry if it does you any good, but if not its not worth it". So take this opportunity to look at your life from another perspective. Try keeping a feelings journal and note down your feels and thoughts before blurting it out. Things we say and do have a lot of impact on our life. Start your morning with some yoga,meditation,exercise, prayer, reading positive messages. Try distracting yourself with something else, it could be a hobby, or a friend, or reading or anything else. going round and round in circles wondering about the same things wont do you any good. Take a break, calm yourself down. Give your life a makeover and then you will see changes in yourself, your family life and everything else. The change should start with you. You determine your future. You are a strong powerful woman. Do not let things like this dictate who you are. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Five years from now, you are not going to think of all this. Things will change, keep faith. A vacation could also do you all some good. Take out all the negativity. I know its not easy, but you have to try something different. Wish you all happiness and success.

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Relax.

Yes you are very stressed and it is understandable..

few things to remember...
    1) You need not mention to the schools during interview that you are TTC.Also,I guess it is against the law to discriminate based on ttc or pregnancy but anyways..

2)Why don't you work with small kids and teach?like montessori?

3)Also idle at home?think again.What about cooking and cleaning?trying new dishes and divert your mind.

4)Try being positive.go for walks or light gym,take up some hobby like music and learn.whatever makes you relax.

5)Do you have good friends?why don't you try going out with them once in a while?or with family..

6)A small vacation as of now..

7)Read nice novels by joining a library.

8)Never stop praying god.go to temple everyday.Positive vibes always helps you.

Many including me were TTC for a long time so we understand your plight.However,you either try to win or lose.
    winning in sense be positive and try the above.Thinking negative will make you miserable.Dont stop your thoughts but dont let it over rule you.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I did not even read the above answers but just typed my own.Later when I checked,I realiZed all the answers are similar.So try to practice the above..all of us mentioned vacation!

Think GOA...:)

shravs3 likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2:

anika987 likes this.
  8. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

@DDream , @shravs3, @blooms4me @anika987 , Thankyou all for your kind response. I know its high time to bring positivity within me or else it will affect my family. But I did not know how..
    after reading your responses I am feeling light and good. But frankly not sure how long it will last..Hus suggested meditation and I tried but couldn't concentrate and calm down. I am going to my native this month end and I hope at least the change of place may bring some peace in me. Since visiting native is the most priority one and DH has planned leave accordingly I don't think other vacation plans and be added to this right now. But I feel I want to come out of this shell. I want myself back.
    Recently visited library and got some books. Hope I can get back my interests. I do cook but not full fledged (since mom is with me she also cooks)Before I used to try out new dishes but off late I am just following the usual items.
    I have friends but whenever I call them out they are busy with their jobs and family. I can understand their situation and now I stopped asking them.
    As for teaching concerned, I didn't disclose to them tat I am TTC until I am asked so during interview. Sadly, discrimination does exists and they very frankly expressed it to me. Now when I think of interview to schools, i could only recollect the moment when I came home crying alone.
    Thank you all, I hope I can get over this and as ILite said after 5 years I may not even think of it and I don't want to.

9. Nachos

Nachos New IL'ite

Dear, I was also just like you and trust me it's a very bad way of living your life. This type of behavior affects your happy married life and even after you conceive, this type of behavioral prob will affect your health. After the child is born, you may blast your kid as well for no reason and that may negatively affect your child. So my suggestion is this, you should learn how to manage your emotions, by doing deep relaxation and breathing techniques ( pranayam) . Personally downing speaking pranayam helped me immensely , I can't explain in words. Please do it and save your marriage.

10. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Any update from ur side ...