What is happening in India?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by pmn, Aug 4, 2008.

1. pmn

pmn New IL'ite

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Yes...It is indeed very disturbing and sad :-(...

We pray :bowdown for peace to prevail in our country.

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

These issues and incidents have been disturbing me for quite some while. Tragedy has struck every other day.It started with bangalore and then it was surat. There was fire in Guthami express, that took many lives, and yesterday the stampede at Nanda devi. It is really heartening to see the images.At the stampede, the women and children were affected the most.

I just wish this bad time for India, passes soon. Probably we must all pray one day together to avert any more of such bad happenings. Let our prayers be for those departed and their family and friends.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

4. pmn

pmn New IL'ite

Hi,

I agree...we should pray for everybody's well-being.

But more than that, I am apalled that none of the state governments are really looking to tackle this issue headlong. There almost seems to be a "chalta hai, yeh din bhi nikal jaaegen" (english translation: "its Ok, these days will also pass through") attitude from them.

On the other hand, it also bothers me that Indians as citizens are also not bothered too much about their well-being. All of us blame the government for not doing things for us, but we as citizens don't pitch in when-ever required.

So, in a nut-shell though very brash, I sometimes think that we are getting what we deserve...isnt it?

5. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

The recent events in politics, bombs and train mishap are quiet shocking one.

The best joke has been that every other day, one or two new un-exploded bombs covered in green sheet is found by the bomb squards.
    If we do a bit of self analysis behind the bomb scene, it is evident that the desi forces who want to just disturb the victory of PM govt.

Since they are desis, they are still worried abt loss of life of many other desis. Hence only threaten the govt and people, create chaps by placing large number of low-intensity bombs that have not exploded.

Now why bombs placed only in BJP ruled States or Left ruled States?

Could be the hands of BJP Team, or by Cong and SP team to divert the Parliament CASH-VOTE issue?

In gujarat, its believed that MODI controls every thing. So such a large no. of BOMB threats couldn't have happened without his knowledge.

As usually occurs, some Terror groups take claim of BOMB attacks. In this case, NONE has taken ownership.

As usual my little brain keeps questioning on above ground.
    As INDIANs, we can now just watch the incidents and THANK the Group for really not causing any major deaths.....

6. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

To Ms. Pritee,

Ours is mis-managed country. We can get the best results out of our resources if the Government of India is well run by the level-headed people.

Hereunder I reproduce two of my short articles, opinions, published in Hindustan Times and The Indian Express. We waste our energies in such petty issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Is JAMMU paying the price of being pro-indian

dear all
    it preturbs me to notice that very few in the country know about the civil agitation going on in the JAMMU REGION
    Jammu has been burning for the last 11/2 months with shoot at sight orders, media is restricted to cover ,central govt let the talks with the people unfinished, as they r not a political party, with whom some horse trading could be possible.
    even if one does not understand all this the fine preint of the order which was later revoked should be read to know what the sepratists did not want and try to understand the local JAMMUITES who has started feeling that he neglected just because he never picked up a gun...and this is pan regional in the area.
    can visist
    DAILY EXCELSIOR
    the portal of the local newspaper and see the recent pics of agitators od all age and religion.
    THE FINE PRINT
    The land transfer order forbids raising permanent structures

Government of Jammu and Kashmir
    Civil Sectt: Forest Department

Subject:Diversion of 39.88 ha of forest land to Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board at Baltal and Domail for raising Buliding/Structures in Sindh Forest Division

Reference:Cabinet Decision No. 94/7 dated 20.05.2008 Sanction is accorded to the diversion of forest land measuring 39.88 ha… in Block Kullan, Range Sindh, Sindh Forest Division, for raising pre-fabricated structures only for camping purposes of pilgrims, without going in for construction of permanent structures at Baltal and Domail, by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board on following terms and conditions:

1. The proprietary status of forest land shall remain unchanged.
    2. The land so diverted shall be utilised only for the purpose for which it has been diverted.
    3. The land so diverted shall not be mortgaged, reassigned or sub-leased by the user agency.
    4. The user agency shall pay Net Present Value of the forest land to the tune of Rs 2,31,30,400/
    5. The user agency shall pay Rs 19,94,000/ on account of compensatory afforestation to be
    carried over 79.76 ha …
    9. The user agency shall construct complete retaining/ breast walls on the both side of
    the road/railway line/earth work/tunneling etc… so as to minimise soil erosion/land slips.

The proposal stands cleared/approve by the advisory committee in its 39th meeting held under the chairmanship of the chief secretary on 12th July, 2007
    Sd/- Principal Secretary to Government,
    Forest Department
    Dated: 26.05.2008
    Bow
    thanks for your time

8. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Muzna,

You have written about a very relevant topic. I was watching a show on NDTV, where there was a discussion and Believe me, I have seen no other show where there were so many different opinions and so many arguments. Barkha dutt was yelling at people to be calm and let others speak all the time.

Thanks a lot for the attached document. It did throw light on the issue. I would not have come to know of this fine print had you not posted it here. But dear, I have been following the news for quite some while and have been concerned about it all the while.

I am as much disappointed by the way the Central government is handling the situation.

I pray to God that the the people of jammu and kashmir can live in peace again and that the violence is put to end soon.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

9. priyasree

priyasree New IL'ite

Hi,

Because of this continuous bomb blasts at Bangalore and Surat, we cancelled our trip last month august from Hyderabad to Kerala our native which were booked earlier. And moreover there were lot of bomb threats in Hyderabad and AP daily in the news channels. And already hyderabad is the place which is more affected becuase of this problem frequently.

We cannot do anything. Only we can pray to God to maintain peace in our country.

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Yes,we,the civilians are the victims of umpteen bomb blasts by these so called fanatics.God only knows what they are trying to prove by this annihilation.Hope & pray that the Almighty will bring them to their senses soon enough.It just takes one solid earthquake or a Tsunami to wipe out an entire region itself;that is the nature`s way of reacting when the balance is upset.Instead of living a life of peace & harmony,why do all these ghastly deeds?Nothing is achieved by these dastardly acts.One who is born is definitely going to die one day.That is the only absolute truth here.................