What Is Endometrial Tb Pcr

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pihu123, May 31, 2017.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Can anyone please help me out.My doctor have suggested to go for Genital TB Test.Can anyone tell me in details how the process is being carried out? it is Painful procedure? Will i be given anesthesia? Have anyone conceived after Genital TB test? Please help me out someone Please?

2. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

What is endometrial TB PCR? Can anyone please help me out? How is the process carried out and is it very painful process? Is the process done under anesthesia? Please help me someone..Please

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Pihu,
    I remember reading tb testing related threads in the past. Some people have conceived after taking medicines. Please check the old threads. You might get some clue.
    All the best.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Basically, TB is an infection which is not very easy to diagnose using regular tests. There could be false negative or positive results. PCR is a test where they look for the DNA of the organism that one is looking for - in this case for the TB-causing Mycobacterium tuberculosis. For this they will take a small piece of the endometrium and test it for the bacterium using PCR test. The test is very specific and sensitive.

For the procedure for taking a sample of the endometrium, check out this link: Endometrial Biopsy

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Endometrial biopsy is not that painful if you relax and cooperate.

Earlier a mild anesthesia was used but not sure how it is today. Though i assume with advanced technology it is easier.

6. nishajeni

nishajeni New IL'ite

It is valuable information and must be very precautious for those expecting pregnant.