What is Bhakti ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Dear chitvish!

A nice article on Bhakti!
    as you said its meaning differs from person to person in that case i would like to tell upon my opinion!
    i don't usually go to temples much but go rarely! those times my heart will be fully filled with different emotions that i am in a confused mood! so i go there just go for a round around the temple (can feel little peace when i see the trees,flowers and green leaves around there) then take a lonely place to sit and close my eyes after which when i open my eyes i can feel hours had passed and also some tears even in my eyes. when i return home i feel that all my burden has reduced and i will be feeling normal. so hope the second meaning that you have given for bhakti would suit me better.
    when my mother asks me to do all rituals i just say a peaceful mind is what that makes us to live happily and also increase our lifetime.
    in that case according to me bhakti is that gives us a peaceful mind and soul!

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame