1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is being happy in life?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tulasi, May 3, 2007.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Re: what is being happy in life

Hi all,
    very interesting to read all the responses..what is being happy!

2. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Knowing oneself is the real happiness.

Krish.

1 person likes this.
  3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Well, like most of you, I too think that Happiness is a state of mind.
    For a child, eating ice cream or playing will make it happy. For older children it varies. Like that for adults too.
    An unmarried person may think that marriage is happiness. But a married person who has a non combatible partner will feel that being unmarried is happiness.A childless couple may feel that having children is happiness, but parents of a child with problems (mental or physical) will feel that being childless would have been happiness.
    And so it goes on..........
    Live life to the full, whatever be the situation in one's life. Never lose courage or hope. Live on with a smile on- that is happiness, it is my idea.

4. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

I think happyness is serenity and keep the inner balance in life; being strong like a mountain and peacefull like a lake prevents us from suffering. Because i think happiness is the absence of suffering and we can reach that with serenity, wisdom, balance, contentment, knowledge of ourselves and so many things that you ladies have posted. That is why some poor people or some people that have to face serious issues are still happy and that is why some people that seem to have everything they need to be happy are not. You can have everything and be in suffering because our mind creates suffering: affraid of losing things, jealousy, greediness, attachment, suspicion, etc.

5. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

What is being happy in life

Dear all,

Happiness is contentment with what we have. We can never be happy unless we are contented with what ever we may achieve and have in life.

Material acquisitions no doubt make us physically happy, but true happiness can be achieved only by being contented in mind.

6. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Tulasi

cent percent i agree with padma madhavan opinion. good health and peace of mind is the real happy in life. In a woman's life especially after marriage she should get most understanding and friendly nature minded husband. If she gets husband support she can face any problems in future. whether problems with in- laws or financial matter what ever it may be. First husband should be a understanding and co operative mind then u can face any problem in woman 's life.

regards
    chidambari

7. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear tulasi,
    i also beleive that happiness in life varies from person to person for some people being the richest man in life will give happiness for some it can be being contented in life for some it can be being famous,and for some it can be a life withot any problems.well watever it is don't look for a reason to be happy.just be happy and be infectious with ur smile and happiness!!!!
    luv
    pavithra