1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is being happy in life?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tulasi, May 3, 2007.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

hi freinds,

I am confused with this thought of what is real happiness in life, having lot of money or having lot of name and fame or having a good family..what else makes people to say ya, we are very happy....normally in India if the girl is married into rich family then people will talk as oh she is very lucky is that true?
    can you share your opnions..

thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2007

2. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

Re: what is being happy in life

hi tulsi
    happiness is much broader term,its perspective varies from person to person,for a student could be to score good marks in exams,for a simple girl living in town,happiness could be to marry an eligible bachelor and lead a good life thereafter,with a wonderful family,for a model/actor could be to have a successful career,for a couple longing for a child could be to have their baby,for a bussinessman could be to make more and more profit,for parents,if their children are happy and settled,this could mean happiness to them,for a spiritual person it could be inner peace,or to connect directly with GOD,and to gain 'moksha' in the end,and many more.......
    i mean we all at some point travel through these stages to be 'happy' and the race never ends,our needs keep changing.
    this is what i feel.........manisha

sindmani likes this.
  3. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear Tulasi,
    I do agree with manisha,happiness is a very broad term and it varies from person to person,situation to situation.Real happiness depends on our mindset and how we take things that come to our path.Even a person who is poor is more happy at times than a millionare.It is not the money that matters.It is not only that we should be happy but also that we should try to make people around us happy.It may not be possible at all times to satisfy all.But we can try our level best to keep others also happy.

Reg,
    Shantha Kasiarunachalam

4. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Manisha, Shantha,

I meant after the girl gets married..may be i could have written in the title...
    it seems to me the people around whether they are rich or poor what ever the jobs they do..they keep worrying about somthing or the other so i was just confused is there anybody 100% happy...may be as you guys said it totlly depends on mental condition..not the material happiness..

sindmani likes this.
  5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Tulasi

I would say Happiness is a state of mind.

But there is another perspective to it, if we go out and look at others we'll find that nobody is actually happy. we might think that this family has a big house and secure financial background or whatever the things we wish for, in life, but then you will come to know that the relationship between husband and wife are not good and then you can very well say that they are not happy...

God has given a Needle to everyone... God knows that Humans are very selfish species, cos he has only made us so he thought, if everyone has everything they want, then who will think about me, who will come to me, who will talk to me. That is the reason he keeps giving us some trials and difficulties and problems so that we remain humble and keep thinking of him...

I would say CONTENTMENT is the key to happiness.

Take care
    ~Abha

sindmani likes this.
  6. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

Happiness is living your dream

If a persons dream is to make a lot of money and be successful in life.....then happiness is money and success

I refuse to believe happiness has nothing to do with money, i agree money doesnt gaurantee happiness but it can serve as a catalyst for happiness in many peoples lifes (especially poor people)

Just my 2 cents

7. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

happiness is having a life partner who is loving ,handsome and rich.
    we should have our own house, kids to love and share they shd be studying well ,mast bank balance , no problems frm inlws and parents, list is endless :))
    But spouse is most important person in our life isnt it
    if we have a rich husband who does not take care of u or dosent bother abt u whether u live or not wot ur intrests are ?riches go waste
    if u have a handsome husband without money and love they go waste
    if u have a loving husband without money ?
    so we need all
    love riches and handsomeness
    this is my honest reply
    even after all this if one is not happy then problem is with them they should consult some doctor :wink:

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Happiness is a matter of perspective & what each person has gone through & seeks the most in life.
    Interesting to read the various aspects of life that give people happiness... looks like some of you forgot another aspect - "GOOD HEALTH". Many kids all over the world suffering from lifelong disabilities & diseases from the day that they were born definitely yearn for good health!

Like they say "Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But when you leave it alone, it sits on your shoulder". :)

9. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

happiness is a astate of mind. what maks one happy varies from person to person. it depends on their priorities.
    life is full of ups and downs.we have to take it in our stride and overcome the hurdles. therin lies true happiness.
    happiness is doing what you like most and doing it right.
    if u cant help others, at least do not bother.
    contributing our little to our society and leading a principled life will give us everlasting happiness.
    money is needed. it'll come and go, but we should never allow money to rule us, instead we should control money, or what will be left as balance is only worries.

10. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

I feel

Happiness = good health + peace of mind.