1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Idiot Would Trade Their Dad For All The Wealth In The World

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Dec 20, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Have you heard of Joel Osteen

I started listening to him fewbyears back.

This idiot keeps preaching that because he lost his father, his best friend he has opportunity to preach to large following, have large house, travel in first class.

What type of moron would trade their father for all the wealth and success in the world.

I finally stopped listening to him .. he preaches more wealth, less heart, it seems.

Just now I was talking to my Dad and he thinks his years are numbered. This is upsetting to me.

I am trying my best to make sure he is getting best care.

I feel bad when I was younger we ended up in poorer neighborhood with access to Doctors who are not scared of overprescribing meds, esp antibiotics because they know people from poor neighborhoods are less likely to pursue malpractice lawsuit.

This is causing so many medical problems with my Dad today, 20 years later!

Then my Dad says this is life.

I pray I can extend his years and add quality to his life. Hopefully he can live at least 50 more years and marry someone who is nice.

And have best life he always dreamed of.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

CE, I totally understand your feeling, most of us have aging parents with health issues. What’s important is that we spend as much time with them and keep them comfortable and happy .
    I hope your dad feels better soon ! Take care !

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I don't know about him. I like avdeshanand and morari bapu as they tell about Ramayana or Greta don't go on personal discrimination that I don't like personally.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

I dono about the guy but just because one has extreme attachment to their father, doesn't mean the whole world has to.

Limiting this topic to only parents, Every one has a different relationship with their parents. Not all mothers / fathers are loving n caring, then child abuse by parents won't exist at all.

Parents gets abused by their own children n children gets abused by their own parents.

Not everyone's maternal / paternal instincts kicks in naturally, I have seen people who has left me wondering whether they even have an ounce of it in them.

There's also an issue of kids / parenting not having event decent relationships.

So there are so many aspects to this.

In your case, you both should feel lucky to have such a great dad-daughter relationship filled with love n care, because not many has it, even if they live under the same roof.

Instead of feeling bad about the past or worry about the unknown future, choose to live in the present n make both your lives very happy every single day with loadsa love n care.

Benadryl, Rihana and ChennaiExpress like this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

CE, according to me, personal choices in life need to be kept separately from the professional accomplishments. What the father did (or did not do), we would not know. I know few people who would trade their parents for a trip to Vegas in a heartbeat. These are the people that got abused, gone hungry, got cold in rough winters and been exposed to drugs and neglect when they were children. Can you blame them for wanting to trade their parents? no?

If you enjoy his music, go for it. You dont have to personally agree with his personal choices, likes/dislikes.

6. ChennaiExpress

Thank you so much. I know with the right medical guidance my Dad can eat, drink, and be merry. Perhaps enjoy lots of nice trips to sinful, visit people, temples, etc.

Maybe finally get happily married. It's worse than death to be married to someone toxic, as he has been.

I love Ramayana and Gita. I believe the Sikh Guru Granth Sahib references these.

Thank you for making me see it thus way.

I have been fortunate to have the Dad I had.

I wish we can all have thus type of parent!

A trip to Vegas ... I would not even trade my nasty, toxic mother for trip to Vegas. Then again my Dad probably softened her blows.

Actually Joel Osteen is a preacher/motivational speaker. Lot of non-Christians listen to His weekly sermons.

nakshatra1 and Sandycandy like this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Unfortunately not many would do anything about this.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

God Bless those souls

9. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

Joel Osteen is a very charming speaker. I have heard him speak numerous times. But as ashneys pointed out, your post shows you to be naive in the ways a parent child relationship can exist. I will trade my dad for half the wealth in the world. And he wasn't even abusive. Well, at least not physically.

Paulbin likes this.
  10. ChennaiExpress

I'm sorry to hear about this toxic relationship. May you have happy relationships.

Osteen speaks as if his Dad was his best friend and then turns around and says if it wasn't for his Dad's passing he wouldn't be the great minister he us today.

To me, that sounds contradictory. I'd be happier to keep a Dad who is like my best friend, rather than have all the wealth in the world.