1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

what home remedies do you follow????

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by nshobitha, Aug 28, 2013.

1. nshobitha

nshobitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Every one here would follow some or the other home remedies when u have common ailments like cold, gastric, etc.,

Lets share our experiences and the tips we generally use with ready available items at home

Waiting for your inputs guys!!!!

2. NB83

NB83 New IL'ite

When i have cold and sour throat, i would go for 1 tsp honey, mixed with 1/4 tsp pepper powder and little turmeric. This mixture is good in preventing too, cos a few weeks back both my daughter and husband where down with cold and fever, i started taking the honey mix, i was luckily enough not to get cold and fever. and for gastric prob, i just simply crush one small piece of ginger and chew it raw, ( yukkkkeee) you can chew and swallow the juice or if u have time u can crush the ginger, get its juice and have it with some honey or sugar, just to make it a bit more easy to your taste buds.

3. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

I have sinus problem. I suffer from minimum 4 hours/day headache. Thanks to AC at office and home. I used to gulp loads of paracetamol tabs previously(till I conceived). As no tabs were allowed during the term, I met one siddha physician who recommended to apply a tablet (diluted in water) called neerkovai on forehead and upper cheeks. It used to reduce my headache within 2-3 hours which I follow till now.

4. arch123

arch123 New IL'ite

nice tips thanks

5. arch123

arch123 New IL'ite

hai NB83 ur tips are very useful for sinus problem peoples

6. arch123

arch123 New IL'ite

hai anuram what u mean by neerkovai pls explain

7. existence

existence New IL'ite

I had sinus problems for more than 10 years. I learnt basthrika pranayama from Art of Living. They did not tell that it would cure sinus problem. However after practising it daily, I do not have sinus problem now.

8. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

For toothache, bite a clove and keep it between teeth.. it soothes the ache (acts as local anesthesia)

For starting stage of common cold, inhale steam vapour

For sore throat/cold, chew few leaves of tulsi/ 1-2 leaves of karpooravalli

For mild fever, have kashayam of zeeragam ...

For stomach ache, once my friend prepared kashayam made out of kadugu ( mustard).. It relieved me a lot.

For body pain, bath with hot water boiled with eucalyptus leaves.

Cheers
    Sweetlife

Cheers
    Sweetlife

9. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

For severe cold drink warm water instead of normal water,stand in early morning sun light for 20 minutes daily,drink tumeric milk night time without sugar.
    For gastric drink fresh coriander leaves juice only half cup after brushing with empty stomach after 20 minutes eat ur breakfast,avoid spices, citrus, lemon fruits, and maintain ur diet at perftect time

10. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Neerkovai is a siddha medicine. It is available in all siddha medicine shops.