1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What her mom didn't tell

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ananyakiran, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

You are welcome dear !

2. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Thanks superwoman, Yes this video is really kid friendly so I hope all parents make best use of it .

3. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Yes thats a good advice !

4. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Yes thats a good advice !

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

I had spoken about "touch" with my son when he started kindergarten. and now that he is 16 I've spoken to him about respect to women and temptations of juvenile sex and molestation and rape.. I'm quite worried about the fact that next year he will mostly go to hostel and about the sexual abuse there..

1 person likes this.
  6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Nice Thread Ananyakiran. Nice link and you have started a nice discussion. Most mothers may not know how to start the discussion with the kids this thread would give them some nice ideas and a push to start the discussion. TFS.

1 person likes this.
  7. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the share Ananya.

1 person likes this.
  8. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ranjini, Thank you for understanding the purpose of this thread.I am trying to convey this message to as many mothers as possible.DO add me if u are on fb and share this social message.

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Avery thought provoking story dear Ananya!
    Here I want to share something regarding the "touchesWhen teaching your child about sexual abuse, talk about 3 different types of touch: good touch, bad touch, and sexual abuse touch. "Good touches" are those touches that make us feel happy, safe and loved. Good touches can make us feel warm inside or can make us feel like a smile. Emphasize that most of the touch we get is good touch. Good touches are so important! "Bad touches" are those touches that hurt us; they feel like an ouch. Some examples are kicking, hitting and biting. "Sexual abuse touch" is defined as "forced or tricked touch of private body parts." The key words are forced and tricked. A force is when someone makes you do something you don't want to do or don't understand. A trick is when someone lies to you, fools you, pretends or calls something a game, that really isn't a game, so they can touch your private body parts or have you touch theirs. Explain that sexual abuse is confusing because it doesn't necessarily hurt; the touch can feel good. And that is confusing to children.
    Use the words "sexual abuse" to eliminate unnecessary confusion. The effort to call sexual abuse by another name (such as inappropriate touch) is counterproductive--leading to more confusion for children. After all, we can be assured that the sexual abuse offender of our children will not call what he/she is doing sexual abuse!!! By giving your child the correct language, you give your child the power
    !Let your child know that is is never too late to tell about sexual abuse.
    Let your child know that if sexual abuse happens to them, they are still a good person, they are still lovable, and that you will always love them no matter what!
    Thank you dear for giving me a chance to let out my feelings !
    with love
    pad

3 people like this.
  10. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

in this world, not only girls but young boys also must be taught about the touches.

1 person likes this.