1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What happens when our apologies not accepted…….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bhucat, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY] I actually thought of writing a blog of my traveling experience which I had last week, but some things happened in-between and I just want to share with my friends first…so my traveling experiences in my next blog….
    First of all, I have to say that this is my personal experience which I faced last week with a situation. The situation is a sentimental one, which I did not do intentionally, but I have become the sole reason for the action. The opposite party has so many reasons of anger on us out of which this action also added up.
    Now my doubt is, if a person genuinely knows that he/she is not the sole reason for the problem but still has asked apology for that action. But the apology is not accepted saying that the opposite party still blaming on our action ie., not convincing by our sorry. Still has full vengeance in their mind, what is our next course of action. My mind is saying “they are nothing to us hereafter, so we can leave the issue aside” but still my inner mind is not consoling, it is keep thinking of the words which the opposite party told us, and still feeling sad and bad on those conversations.
    Why our mind is acting two different roles for the same matter even though we have not done anything wrong. Is our mind is afraid of blame and fault though it is not true? Sometimes it (mind) says “leave those people” but again the same mind another time says “why people are like this and not trying to understand the correct way of our action”. Why these two minds are playing on the same issue.
    The divine “Bhagavad Gita” says that – if basically a person is good, but some of our action generates anger and makes him bad, try once to make him understand what really happened. But still he is not convincing what we are saying and remains the same anger; just leave them and their thoughts out of our mind. Never think of them / their action again and feel bad.
    I think I should follow these lines and I thank God for telling these lines through a medium on the right time to me. I just want you people to say some views upon these or any other matter in which you had experienced the similar trouble. Of course in my case, the opposite party is not my close relative, but still I do not know why my mind is always thinking of this matter and these kinds of people.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhucat,

For us to understand why mind keeps going back to the same experience over and over again, we need to understand how our mind works. It is nothing but collection of all our thoughts, memories of all past experiences in the current life and prior lives and analytical mind that interprets the current experience with past experiences and come to conclusions. Invariably, giving control of our true Self to our mind is like giving control of a nice looking divine Garland to a monkey.

In this scenario, the following should be the process of analytical mind. Our intellect should first establish whether there is any truth in the allegations. If the answer is no, no further action is needed. If the answer is yes, then, our intellect should instruct our mind to forgive ourselves for a wrong action. After that it should give instruction for conveying an apology to the person to whom harm is done besides a corrective action.
    Once that apology is conveyed and an offer to do corrective action, it is up to the person to accept or deny it. We have to remember when we do that action, forgiving ourselves is complete.

It is my opinion more than the other person's response of not forgiving us, it is our own reaction that hurts us more. Therefore, in order to achieve peace of mind, we need to learn to forgive ourselves first. The only lesson we need to learn out of our mistakes is not to repeat them again. There is no purpose in brooding over the mistake that we had already committed. More so, if in our opinion, it is not even a mistake.

Many times we confuse ourselves with the need to be nice to others by apologizing for a mistake we never committed. We need to remember that respecting our Self is also equally important. If we believe God resides in everyone around us, we have to remember that God is residing in us as well.

Viswa

3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Sir, Thanks for sharing your views on this...but some points i cannot understand fully. Can you pls eloborate these two lines - 1. "Our intellect should first establish whether there is any truth in the allegations. If the answer is no, no further action is needed." and 2. "Many times we confuse ourselves with the need to be nice to others by apologizing for a mistake we never committed. We need to remember that respecting our Self is also equally important."

So what i understand from these are there is no need to bother and feel when people deny us even we asked sorry for non committing mistakes? and giving self importance means not at all asking apology to them for non committing mistakes?

Please clarify...

4. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Dear bhucat, I have faced same problem like you many times. Even I sacrificed my wellness and give importace to them. But I have been named selfish. Recently I met a friend and discussed this to her. She said my name is the problem and if I change it according to numerology everything will change to my favour. I don't believe but cant deny also. But I believe we have to give least importance to that

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhucat,

1. Yes. If our intellect tells us that we are not fault, we should respect our Self and not ask for apology. BUt this investigation has to be thorough and truly based on facts.

2. I am suggesting even one step further. Don't apologize if it is no fault of yours. If you don't respect yourself, who else will? If you ask for an apology for something you never committed, people consider that as a weakness.

Viswa

6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Now i have asked and that was rejected, please tell me how i need to move with the person when i happened to see in person.

7. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Nothing is there in the name...but me too heard about the name "seetha" and its related name called mythili, janaki etc as they may suffer a lot in their life time....but actually speaking i cannot trust those sentiments at all...All are God's name which was kept by our ancestors for our welfare only. God is there to decide our future and not our name. Please do not worry.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Bhucat,

you have discussed a very sensitive issue which we all experience at some point of life....
    I think if we have unintentionally hurt someone then we could always show our sincere apology however if our apology is not granted from the other end then there is nothing we can do but forget and move on.I totally understand that it stays in our mind no matter how much we try to feel normal.
    In Bhagavad Gita Lord Krishna explains that once you focus your mind in my devotion in the process of meditation then your mind will be so strong that any negativity will not hurt you anymore.But this is a long and tough path and we need to stick to it without losing patience as we are not able to succeed very easily in this journey.

Love,
    Bhavna

10. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhavnam,

These lines are so TRUE : "But this is a long and tough path and we need to stick to it without losing patience as we are not able to succeed very easily in this journey"

Thanks for sharing your valuable comments on this.

Still reading your treasures of Bhagawad gita posts, pls continue writing those and thanks for sharing your views too. :)