1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

After two years, four towns and four schools later, McLean and her father Gus come to Lakeview. Upon her arrival, McLean plans out a new name and a new personality for their tenure at "just another stop", Lakeview. However, things get out of her control and she is stuck as McLean Sweet, even begin to form real friendships and being herself.

Mclean's parents messy divorce and the scandal of it serves as the backdrop of the story. The story then follows the life of a teenage girl coping with her life. The author portrays her anger, her frustration very well. Also, gives us an idea about why McLean felt like changing her name and a bit of her personality every time they started off somewhere new.

Then there are the characters like Dave, Riley and Deb. I couldn't but help falling in love with them. Dave is a geek with super high IQ level, who is striving to be more like a 'normal teenager'. He is understanding and fun. Riley is a good friend to both Dave and McLean. Through Deb, we realize that not all 'different' girls are abnormal. Given a chance everyone can fit in this society.

With every page, the author has revealed more about the life of each of the characters and added a bit more depth to the central characters.

Though I have quite a different life from that of McLean (definitely no divorce or custody battle), I can still identify with a lot of things from her life. It was a good book to read. If I had to rate it, I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

wow.. thanks a lot for the review.. I wanted to read this book..
    As I read the review too, I'm very much excited to read.

Sure in my to-read list.

3. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

thanks for sharing

4. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite