1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What gives woman her identity?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 17, 2015.

1. PRABALTARA

PRABALTARA New IL'ite

My Dear friends What i feel as a Woman is she is God's best creations since is a multi tasked in all respects since she takes care of the entire family as well as takes care
    of every projects in office and she is a faithful, loyal, sincere, affectionate and strict with her family's discipline. She in turn wishes to just get love and affections and a
    trustworthy relationship with her husband only as family do have some negative thoughts and therefore she longs only for her husband to be loyal to her and trust and love her the most. I think my this view is acceptable to all of you.

1 person likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:coffee ... :roll: ... :confused2: ... :spin

@jskls Back to my form... Been a while! :p

1 person likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls I read the various answers for your question.In simple words there is no identity for a woman.As a child she is a daughter of a father,after getting married wife of so and so,when become a mother she is a mother of her children.Economical independence is not an identity for women and this is my opinion.As professionals your designation is an identity only in the office and not outside .Born as a woman is the only identity .If the children live a good life then you get the identity as a mother and this is what I leave in this world after my death

1 person likes this.
  4. chandrakant

chandrakant New IL'ite

Let me quote a sweet & very meaningful Marathi poem here:
    'संस्कृति मी जणु सुमूर्त, स्त्री माझे नाव असे'..meaning, 'I am The Culture myself, my name is WOMAN'.

2 people like this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@jskls

Nice thread..
    Just read about it..
    Well Identity thinkingsmiley

I am not sure myself..
    I am trying to answer as per the questions you have asked..

Definitely not based on education, work or financial independence from my perspective..It is for her satisfaction that she is providing for family, service and her financial stability in need of crisis.. the job gives her only a name or title that is it..

The role of a female changes during her life time - daughter, wife, mother, grandmother etc..So definitely not as an Identity ..just a name for her role..

Ability to carry gene to next generation..definitely not an identity at all..

Looks .. just gives a picture or image about how the person looks at that present instance which changes over time...so can't be that either..definitely not from my perspective..

Personal characteristics which reflect the inner soul of the person..either be it love, compassion, calm, sometimes even anger ( like Kannagi), mental strength...which all are attributes to her personality, makes her an attractive person and makes others like her and that is what would be my answer for what would be the identity of a female (apart from the gender)...

This is how I would identify any person regardless of gender and how I connect with their thoughts and since your thread was asking about female identity I had to write as for that gender. This is how I am able to connect with many IL lites here based on what I like, regardless of their gender, based on how they write their posts which reflect their soul. It is quite hard for any person to write without showing their inner soul. I have not seen anyone of the IL ites here, don't know how they look, don't know about their education, work, family, age etc. But I am able to connect to them because of how they have reflected their personal inner characteristics here and I am sure that is how I would put the definition of 'Identity' in my dictionary.

I am not sure what others have written..
    This is my perspective after thinking for a while...

Thanks,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear.jskis,
    "Nimirntha nannenjum naer konda paarvaiyum
    Nilathinil yaarukkum anjaatha nerigalum
    Thimirntha gnanach cherukkum iruppadhaal
    Semmai maadhargal thirambuvathillaiyaam"

“With upright heart and steadfast look and ideas that are not afraid of anyone in the world- the woman does not falter as she has the delight of wisdom.”. Poet Bharathi has defined the identity of a woman many decades back.

Our Indian culture and society doesn't respect a widow, a divorcee, a single woman or a woman who is childless. There are many women who inspite of all the success they achieve in professional as well as personal life are looked upon with disdain if they do belong to anyone of the above category.Sure times are changing but I feel a woman should be identified more for her dignity, self respect,honesty,courage and confidence.

2 people like this.