1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What gives woman her identity?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 17, 2015.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima--'ma' itself is a great identity unparallelled,denoting knowledge,experience and wisdom.Something inexplicable vibrates in you when you are addressed as 'ma'-Isn't it
    Vijima?
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

whaatsmiley I nominate your post & you call this BUMPING?? shakehead Okay... One other person in IL who wouldn't take me serious! (sigh).... :p

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thank you @jayasala42 Jayakka for your sweet message. But this Vijima is only loving and caring , does not have much knowledge as you have, yes experience which has taught me so many things in life . Ya I feel very happy when Ilites call me Vijima, to become a mother is a blessings and feel blessed to be a ma to virtual daughters in IL

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear jskis,

In the past women never intended to have a self centered identity. They never felt of any identity crisis. They were just happy to be known as so and so's daughter, mother or wife.

Women who are frustrated, unhappy and do not have self confidence will think that they have no identity of their own. If a woman feels happy and enjoy whatever she is doing that will give her an identity. In short it depends on the individuals choice.

PS

2 people like this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Crap Crap... Deleted... :bonk

6. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Career, education gives women an identity? ... What about the rest who choose to work at home for their families?
    My mother , and grand mother ..the most secure women I know with their own minds and beautiful hearts, they never worked in offices even once in their lives.

To me what gives women her identity is whatever she chooses to be on her own accord, whoever she truly is, whatever she chooses to do, the values, the character she develops, the attitude, the sense with which she handles the ups and downs that is part of her life, the way she handles relationships, her friendships, her ability to understand, help, empathize with other humans, her ability to love her parents, her siblings, her kids, her extended family without it over taking her life.. someone who has her self esteem intact and knows her self worth.

This is what gives a man his identity too...it is not different for men and women.

2 people like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Oh my my.... Thanks for nominating @kaniths ... And bumping it too....

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @grihani for your valuable fb. You are correct that not just education or financial independence but character, values and the role one plays is valuable too for ones identity

1 person likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @PushpavalliSrinivasan mam for your beautiful and sweet fb. Feeling happy at heart in whatever role one play will definitely give them identity.

10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Why just women? What is the identity of any person? I feel this is a huge philosophical question. Who am I? Why am I living in this world? What is the purpose of this life? Why should there be humans only on Earth? Why no life anywhere else in this universe? Are we just an accident in the grand scheme of things? Why didn't other animals evolve like humans? Sorry for the deviation, nice thread btw!

1 person likes this.