What do you think about likes.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Arunarc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Prana for adding your views. This will surely help all of us before hitting that like button.

2. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

I click "Like" to say Thank you sometimes, but many times, if it was very funny, or the post conveys similar to what I think. I always had this feeling that if we want to say thankyou for something, it would have been better, instead of just increasing the count of posts.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna

I give likes for excellent narration, when it expresses our feelings, when it brings a smile on my face . I am glad that I have got 1367 likes till now and have given 1383 . I feel very excited when I get likes.

4. Arunarc

Hi Kiran thanks for your views on likes.
    You are right, it is another way to say thankyou to that member.

5. Arunarc

You are generous Viji Habibi.....
    I must learn this from you, I feel I am very kanjuss in giving likes...hehehe

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Eqdear,

i love the likes button, but like to use it with caution. i do not feel comfortable to waste an option that is really nice. i give mine, for some of the consistent efforts of people who do not worry if there is a feedback or a reader, but wonderful points. they are actually contributors in the right sense.

sometimes, i like to appreciate the effort taken by a person to bring forth their creativity..being an art lover, i know what appreciation means..be it while cooking or whatever art form..

There are things that i would like to say i appreciated, but cannot find the time to jot a word, just say like...

i need to loosen myself a little bit more to give likes, i suppose..

7. Arunarc

You are right Shanti, sometimes I too just forget to give the like, then I remember and go and give the next day..hehe

Thanks for putting in your views.

8. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Generally i give LIKE for humorous post. Till now i have received 138 likes:hide: and given 549:cool::cool:

Above numbr tells i m not tht funny but i m a big hearted preson!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap

9. Arunarc

That is nice to know your views Mums, looks like a generous person in giving likes. :)
    You gave more then what you received.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,
    I like the likes because, where words cannot be expressed, 'likes' do just like the 'smilies'.

I give likes to the fbs of my posts or blogs, because, those ilites have put forth effort to read my scribblings.
    This is the first and foremost reason.

When I give 'likes' to other members writing or any creative work, because, I look at my own limitations and see how much effort that person must have putforth to do or write, or I like it because, I like it..:)

I would like to share some 'findings' they had it on face book, why people hit the 'likes' button, when I come across one..it is very interesting and sometimes true too.

Sriniketan