What Do You Think About Cooking For 2 Or 3 Days

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by harinideep, Feb 16, 2017.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I cook on a daily basis . I hate previous day food . But recently my daughtee is crying whold day and wanting me to sit with her in bedroom . I cook poha , rice , curry , veggie in morning in 45 mins . Then again afternoon i prepare paratha for kid as she hates rice . Night i prepare dosa , chutney and it takes 45 mins . Electric stove takes longer time to make dosa . Apart from that putting in dishwasher twice n cleaning her bottles take 1 hour . Cleaning house for half an hour. Apart from 45 mins rest all is big struggle as kid keeps crying asking me o be with her . She eats by herself but i eed to sit with her n keep on telling to eat . I wanted to go to gym, search job , learn driving . But nothinh is happing .
    Is it ok to cook for 3 or 4 days n use it . I am scared if it ll cause health issue . I am scared whether stored food ll have any nutrition. Tell me some tips to remain sae . The amount of work is not so much . But we returned from india vacation and jid is very upset due to that .
    She plays but now a days wants my complete attention . I should not do anything else. Please give some suggestion and also ideas about storing food . I cut veggies daily in a food processor .

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @harinideep,

I am a senior citizen and I can vouch for the safety of cooked food kept in the fridge even for a week- provided it is cooked properly. You can knead chappathi dough sufficient to last for 3 to 4 days . cover it with a layer of oil and store it in airtight container. Keep it in the fridge and whenever you want to use it thaw it for an hour before using it. The same could said about dosa batter which lasts for a week if stored in a fridge. The vegetables could be cut and stored in the fridge for a day. This can be done the previous night itself. Keep the ingredients ready for the days cooking. Some planning is enough to free yourself from cooking worries. Be patient. Things will resolve on their own. All the best.

Agatha83

geethaattiguppe likes this.