1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you feed your 1 year olds?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by deepanair, Jan 9, 2012.

1. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

I have a 14 month old, who is otherwise a lively and wonderful child but turns into a fuss monster on her high chair! I try to feed her both indian and american food but of late the only thing she eats is macaroni and cheese , all other food ends up getting decorated on the floor :bonk. She is healthy otherwise but she needs to eat a variety of food to develop good eating habits.How do you ladies deal with fussy little eaters and what do you feed your 1 year olds?

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi deepanair .... i have 14 months old boy ... i make the below recipies :-
    1. Fruit crush - slightly steam the fruits of the season and mash it
    2. Veg mash - boil the mixed vegetables and drain the water and put the content into food processor - store in food cubes in freezer
    3. Meat mash - mince meat, fish ( salmon) and mixed vegetables pressure cooker with hint of salt + chicken powder + put them into food processor
    4. Egg cheese omlette - take one meat mash(one cube - defrost ) and put them into the frying pan with 1/2 tsp of ghee+olive oil + break the egg + once the content and egg starts to cook then add shredded cheese and stir them ... add them to hot boiled rice and mash it and feed my son .. always keep lil yoghurt beside to change his taste all the time ...

3. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

I give DS Adais, cheela, omelets, boiled veggies(big size, so he can eat himself), pieces of bread/toast, alu tikkis, rotis made with dal or stuffed parathas, fruits, dry fruits. Still, he does get bored. I am now trying really hard to get him to learn to eat with a spoon so that the scope of what I can offer him becomes more.