1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do With Your Gently Worn But Very Nice Indian Clothes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by BhumiBabe, May 16, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

@BhumiBabe , I totally understand your point. I heard people are reselling the gently used party wear clothes in bay area. Look out if you find something like that in your area too. I live in Dallas and people here are using whatsapp and telegram groups like crazy to resell everything unwanted, from used tawa to lehenga.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  2. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I can totally understand ur point, I bought so many designer stuffs during my wedding and i hardly used it.
    And i gained weight due to pregnancy and many salwars are outdated now.

1. I am planning to give some to my sisters during my india visit
    2. Stopped buying designer heavy lehenga cholis, salwars - trying to go mostly with replicas now a days. After couple of uses, i can give away that happily. so many youtube videos are there to show how these replicas look in real. i will try to watch and get the stuffs that look more genuine in less budget. few are like 1000 - 2000 rupees only
    3. Try to get kurti's and Indowestern clothes - that you can use more in a mix and match styles.

Anusuya likes this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@BhumiBabe BB, I had the same question a couple years ago and got some good ideas from IL in this thread. I'm saving some of the tips given here, too.

Most of us have more desi clothes than we can use. We aren't vain celebrities with excessive apparel; we're poor deprived Indians who don't have enough parties for our clothes. :p

I sent several heavy saris to Goonj via an acquaintance. They use them to put wedding kits together. Since they alter the clothes, your sleeveless and low back stuff should be okay.

It's really hard to give away clothes these days. Social media offers a permanent record of who wore what first. :lol:

BhumiBabe likes this.