What do you do during power cuts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sigmabeta, Mar 17, 2009.

1. sweety62

sweety62 Senior IL'ite

I have inverter installed which has one fan light to be used. I try to focus on organizing my cupboards or setting the kitchen racks
    Thanks
    Seema

2. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey limkabook! Thanks for stepping in here.
    Wow star gazing is a favourite with me too. Do you identify constallations et al?

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Newsoul! Thanks for stepping in. Shadow tag seems interesting, with a scary twist :rotfl

4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Seema, thank you for your fb. Good that you use the time of darkness fruitfully. You pass time, and have a nicely arranged cupboard too. Cool!

5. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

What a timing. The power just gone and i see this thread. I am not quite used to power cuts as it never goes in our apartments. They have generator backup for all flats. But today don't know how it went and its so humid i don't know what to do. Reading and using same magazine as fan.
    But at our place we have a big bunglow with bigger garden backside. And there are stairs to get into the garden. Whenever electricity was gone in the evening we used to sit on the stairs and play Antakshari and it was a big fun together with tea and some snacks.

6. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Vaidehi! Thanks for your fb. Hmmm power cut in this heat can drive one up the wall literally. Thanks to IL atleast we can be cool talking to friends here.

7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Powercut in Bangalore. Sitting idle, thinking nothing, feeling the fast breeze and enjoying the chilling rain drops.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I have a memory...of a power-cut long time ago. I would like to share it, though, it might be slightly off topic.

I was only 5 or 6 years old and I know its one of my earliest memories of my childhood. There was a power cut for 4 days in a row as the whole state of AP was under some cyclone. It used to get dark very early, like at 5 PM due to the lousy weather. I remember my sister and I were sitting on the bedroom floor, cuddled close. My mom set a candle beside us and fed us hot sambar rice with mango pickle. I am telling you, it was the best tasting meal ever. I have never ever since tasted such a yummy meal. never...For some reason, my sister also remembers that day. Both my parents have forgotten though.

5 people like this.
  9. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Thank god. I work at office during the powercut timings. We have a generator backup at office. During weekends I wait patiently for the power to come. I have a rechargeable fan at home. Try to make use of it. Can't even think of having my evening tea as the hot tea adds fuel to the fire. Sometimes I go to the terrace if the powercut time is in the evening.

10. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

As kids, we used to sit out in the balcony, getting horribly bitten by mosquitoes and just kill time with idle chit-chat.

Good times, then.

1 person likes this.