What do you do during power cuts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sigmabeta, Mar 17, 2009.

1. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Vidhya and Asha,

Ya most often wen we check if power is gone in other places, we find its only our cross most of the time Rant. But wen we do find its gone at other streets, we know we've got more time to play our games hehe

2. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Last time during the power cut, I was photographing candle flame, trying out long exposure tricks with a lit match etc... The pics were not so good but I had fun.

3. tkvkaruna

tkvkaruna New IL'ite

Aha! this really reminds me of those days when we used to have power cuts regularly in summer season.....We being in a different state where the neighbours don't understand our native language Tamil, our entire family comes out on to the garden. Then my father (being a very good Carnatic Singer) will start singing a devotional song. My mom and my sister and me will join him and my brother would join on flute and we would get fully immersed in singing devotional songs. That would be a group singing and though our neighbours don't understand the meaning of it but would enjoy the essence of music in it.... Really missing it now a days......

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Karuna,

Thanks for stepping in. By the way, you dont have to miss these sessions. You could voluntarily switch off the lights for some time and this would serve 2 purposes. 1 you would be helping in the noble cause of saving the earth and 2, you would get some family time, which we tend to loose out slowly and steadily thanks to our hectic schedules.

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi all
    we sing during power cuts...
    mom makes hot bajjis;;;
    we enjoy it...

6. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

luckily my computer and tv are on the inverter...so power cuts dont bother me.

7. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Aparna! Bajji + powercut does sound fun!!! And with music to go along ;-)

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Ah ha Oriflame!! So you are connect to IL and njoy the powercut! Cool!

9. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Sigma...First of all congrats for starting such a intriguing topic.

Yes, i like it when there is power cut at my inlaws place...We all sit outside on the verandah looking at the stars or walk in the lawn....it's beautiful.Most of the neighbours will also be walking on their balcony - so no need to worry

At my parents place, we'll all sit inside and chat , cribbing everyone now and then abt power failure. Also , make sure to call the electricity board every 10 minutes(if it's an adhoc )

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  10. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

This is interesting..When we were kids we used to play shadow tag. We'll place the candle in the room to make shadows. Its same like regular tag, but instead of catching the others we have to catch their shadow!