What do the kids learn in LKG,UKG and 1st standard in schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ramyanand, Jan 21, 2008.

1. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

hai shanvy.....
    this link is not working..can u please check it out once....:hide:

2. NithilaMKS

NithilaMKS New IL'ite

Hi, the same site, you can get to the LINK and then click on Download Online Text Book's any how the books available from 1st STD.

3. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Try this - NCERT URL
    This is the main site that i got from Shanthi's link. From this you can navigate to the appropraite section.

Regards,
    Priya

4. chakru

chakru New IL'ite

Re: what do kids learn in ukg(cbse)

you might have sent your kid to school at 2 lol.. if you were in India.. One of the reasons many kids today hate schools is because they are sent to school at very young age and its not really good to lock your kid in a class when it is meant to play freely.. this creates some kind of frustration in kid sub-consciously at a very young age which in turn leads to lots of complications in future.. But parents here want to send them to school and there may be many reasons behind it.. but still it is not advisable if you ask me..

regards

5. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

thankyou priya,
    thankyou for quick responce.........

6. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

True Chakru ....:thumbsup What to say is 100% true ...Even I was a believer like that ,& am still one ....but I dont know when I look at the parents arnd me :eek...I dunno I feel am the odd one out ...& sometimes feel guilty that becos of me my kid shdnt feel left out of the race :roll:
    thats the guilt which drives me to chk on wahts happening arnd me once in a while like this bonk

7. deepameganathan

deepameganathan New IL'ite

hi joshila,
    dont worry, Indian schools focus more on the acdemic activities,almost all schools in chennai start teaching scripts(English) right from LKG.other than ABC, some Rhymes, Identify the anmials .numerals, may be some activities like coloring the pictures etc.not more than that. ihope u would have taught all these at home by now.

8. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

:cool2:thats something so nice to hear deepa ...finally ... double ok !!:2thumbsup: Yep the thigs which u say my kid knows..phew!!!

9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hey joshila,

Just now realised you were asking for 1st std admissions.I was thinking going from 1 to 2nd std.sorry that's y i said ,2 and 3 tables,additions etc.

Now don't worry, the process here is more simple.Just come with your child.you will get the admissions.

She is going to enjoy the school verymuch.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

joshila,

I put my kids only at 4. infact my son started lkg only at 4+. but many of my friends found it a problem when the schools refused admission that the child was older for being in lkg (ridiculous. I feel as parents we do have the right..)
    and actually 6 is the correct age for 1st even if we go by the standard that the child should be 3.6yrs when he starts lkg.

Now coming to the syllabus, i would suggest you check out the cbse website which has a the textbook prescribed for all classes. though you do not have the syllabbus for ukg, you can take up the suggestions given by lathaa in the other thread.

but few schools in chennai do not follow the same rule of teaching.

my son learnt 50 to 100 in ukg in bahrain. the reason being if the child is taught how to comprehend and write 50 to 100 on its own, he will be able to write upto 1000 without difficulty.

but here in chennai i find the kids are taught 1 to 100 in lkg too...

best shot is getting a copy of the textbooks for ukg, from cbse textbook dealers and getting a idea yourself. you have kamaal bookstores, Adayar, vijaya book stores mylapore who are popular stockists for cbse books. apart from them you have the locals who will mostly stock the book followed by the schools in their locality.

hope this helps.