1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

what dinner to cook for husband who is recovering from stomach flu (gastroentretis)

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by janbornchild, Feb 1, 2014.

1. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

Hi guys,

Need some help urgently. Please suggest me what to cook dinner/lunch for my husband who is just recovering from severe bout of stomach flu. I have been giving him rasam made of pepper and jeera. But he is bored with it now. I am also 4 months pregnant and cannot cook long and big process food. Please suggest some indian food which is easy on stomach and can be cooked easily. Thanxxx in advance. Hoping for some quick replies

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Re: what dinner to cook for husband who is recovering from stomach flu (gastroentreti

Boil little water adding turmeric powder, dry ginger powder, asafoetida, curry leaves. switch off, add buttermilk to it. Let him mix this with rice and have. it is a soothing diet for stomach.

You can cook rasam rice in one shot by mixing things. pre soak rice for 30 minutes and use it in the recipe. do everything that you make for rasam, except boiling, mix soaked rice and pressure cook it.

Kichidi is very good. Take 1 cup rice and 1/2 cup moong dal. Lightly roast the moong dal (no need for changing colour-process optional). Mix the dal and rice. In a small wok do the tempering using ghee, cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, bay leaf, cloves. add it to the rice dal mix. add sufficient water, add some chopped veggies into it. add salt. mix. pressure cook it. (when the whistle is about to come, lower the flame and let it cook for 10 minutes). kichidi - a soothing meal is ready.

1 person likes this.
  3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Re: what dinner to cook for husband who is recovering from stomach flu (gastroentreti

@Janbornchild: Idli with mild rasam or curd?

4. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

For breakfast idli with coconut milk.