1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Could Have Been The Problem?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Oct 28, 2018.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi where are you located?India or abroad?

I dislike people who are shrewd in a cunning way and the lady you said seems shrewd..very unreliable..

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anika,

It’s ok. It happens more often than you realize. No need to break your head over why. Just move on.

The two girls in exactly same age so close and even same school or school district along with her mom puffing her as some prodigy kinds really doesn’t augur well does it? So much potential for future comparisons, putting downs competitiveness, back biting and so on. So in that sense, I would say maybe you dodged a bullet without realizing it.

Exact same thing happened to me too when my kids were little. I wasted so much energy over it - why why? is it me? Was I too forward? Should I have waited more? blah blah. It didn’t work for me either. But Since kids were same age, same grade and in same neighborhood kept hearing about the family over the years here and there and the mom was kinda dodgy only as I came to know much later. At that time I really felt I had dodged a bullet only, that someone up there had been looking out for me in the past.

Try to go by your daughters prompts. Who is her best friend in school? Near or far, same language, race or not, a good friend, a family with similar values is rare find hence more valuable and worth making the effort for. You are in US now, driving long distances is in your future, can’t escape, so accept it now itself. Good luck!

anika987 and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

That’s hilarious
    And a good connection to the topic of discussion

Rihana likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

It's better to stay away for now.
    If she initiates later for playdate, go for it

anika987 likes this.
  5. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

I meant that as a reply to @Rihana post.. not sure why it is not showing as reply to her post. Anyway, my 2 cents - such people are everywhere and don’t loose your sleep over it. Get your child befriended with other kids in the vicinity.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks guys..I try not to bother but came to know from my friend who is also my neighbor that she is socializing with my friend plus she is very interested in getting to know neighbors/parties etc ...
    She is not interested even in a little bit of contact with me and we have so much in common and it is a wonder she is asking for socializing..

However..as parents kindly give tips on dos and don’t s with other parents..

I thought I was very nice to her inviting her home and not calling often but something I did might have annoyed her..don’t know where I go wrong..

Not just play dates but generally what other parents prefer or not..just to maintain a decent relationships,avoiding uneccessary squabbles or misunderstanding..

How often do you get to meet or socializing with other parents of your. Kids friends in school..

People who have middle school,high school kids..people pour in your experiences..My kid will be starting elementary very soon:)